5. Manners

Biology had been as fun as sticking pins in my eyes. Instead of teaching they showed a video, great teaching establishment.

Strolling out, brushing my hair up, I notice Jackson shouting at Lydia. I walked in the direction to observe, then he put a hand on her and had her shaking against a wall.

That's one way to turn me from zero to a hundred real quick.

I stormed towards Jackson, my eyes piercing a hole in the back of his head. "Hey Jockstrap!" I yelled before pushing him to the floor. Jackson's body was consumed with rage but backed off, assumably because he knew I'd break him.

"She ruined this for me. She ruined everything!" The rich kid roared in frustration. I didn't understand the situation completely, but I knew that Lydia was trembling and crying. I grabbed Lydia's wrist and took a protective stance in front of her.

Jackson stormed away without nothing more than groans.

Without saying a word, seeing the tears building up in her eyes, I brought Lydia into my chest whilst she cried. I hated hugs but Allison's friend needed me.

The beautiful strawberry blonde pulled away from my embrace and gave me a weak smile. "Come to the ice rink tonight? Please?"

I contemplated it, but nodded.

————————————————————————

I was in Allison's room dressed and ready to go out skating tonight. Lydia next to me whilst Allison looks through what she will wear.

At the door appears uncle Chris beckoning my cousin over to her leaving me and Lydia to take selfies on her phone. As I already knew Chris was asking about Lydia.

The strawberry blonde grabbed my chin and moved my head around. "You're really handsome, aren't you?" Lydia said analysing my facial features. "Why haven't you got a boyfriend?" She added making me almost choke.

"I'm not...," starting to defend myself before she interrupted.

"Atticus, I know. You hide it well, but my gaydar is through the roof. I know you're all dark and mysterious, but I can tell."

"You're right" I admitted. I shrugged off, posing for another picture.

Lydia adjusted my head so my jawline looked sharper "so what's your type Atti?"

First, I hated that nickname. Secondly I'd never really thought about it. I genuinely took a few seconds to contemplate. "Beauty, apart from yours, is on a timer. Someone who's intelligent, selfless and kind is far more attractive to me. Obviously they have to have some looks."

Lydia smiled at the compliment then grinned wickedly. She had a plan. One that made me nervous.

Reaching the ice rink, I sat next to Lydia quietly doing up my skates. Peacefully listening to her and Stiles conversation. Something about how orange and blue doesn't go together. 

"You know somethings may not seem to go well together," Stiles started. "But they're actually a perfect pair for each other. You know what I mean?" Questioned Stiles.

"Like you and Atticus?"

I choked in surprise at Lydia's remark for the second time today. Me and Stiles? Is she serious? Mr Stilinski had fire burning under his cheeks. He was flustered to say the least.

Looking at Lydia with my vacant eyes, shaking my head I gave her my denim jacket. Only for me and Lydia, to notice Stiles looking at my in my tight T-shirt.

"Eyes up Stiles" Lydia commented before getting onto the ice.