12. Testing

Stress is like holding a glass or bucket of water. At first, if given the option, you'd assume the glass is easier to hold. However, if I ask you to hold that glass for days on end, you'd struggle. To cope with stress, you need to learn to put the glass down.

My way of putting my glass down is working out. Physical exercise.

To either think over problems or to have a moment to block them out, think of something else.

Currently, working out with Danny and Jackson, I'm thinking of the Kanima.

So clueless to what it is that it ran away from itself. Confused. If it doesn't know what it is, does that mean it's hunting these things on instinct? I highly doubt it.

The mechanic shop is what really stood out. It went for the man who was working, not myself or Stiles. This was a planned attack. However, how could you plan an attack if you don't know what you are?

I was drawn back to my sumo squats with Jackson complaining about not being able to lift his weights. He's got a lot of muscle on him, but he strives for perfection or nothing. I understand what that's like.

Danny lifts the bar up off Jackson, much to his protest. Danny makes his way behind me and rubs my shoulders in a massaging way. It felt nice but I just turned around and gave him and confused glance.

"Atticus and I are going to shower, if we come back and you're dead, I'm taking the Porsche."

I dropped the weights to the ground and followed Danny, "I take cash". I added.

In the shower, Danny and I stood in silence. Washing away the smell from our bodies, the tanned boy decided to ask me some questions.

"Would you ever come out with me? Like to a club? A certain type of club..." he asked attempting to phrase it in a way that will make the situation less awkward.

I thought about it for a second or two. "I'm not a massive club goer but drop me a text when you plan on going next and I may meet you there".

"I'll be there tonight Atticus, it's up to you," with a crooked half grin, Danny went back to showering in peace.

————————————————————————

It was chemistry class later in the day. I sit down next to my cousin as the seat was available. I took my jacket off and got a notepad with a pen out.

Having texted Stiles earlier, I heard their theories about who could be the Kamina. Jackson and Lydia, due to both having being bitten by an alpha.

With Jackson not in class, I turn to look at Lydia. Something seems to be off. Something supernatural, maybe. Obvious high signs of stress. Overwhelming stress.

Her general demeanour. Something's off, something has decayed.

To start the first station, I was sat next to Mr Lahey, new beta wolf to Derek.

"Welcome back "Wolfie", how was being a fugitive? The training to become a killer going well?" I ask with heavy tones of sarcasm pouring from my minty mouth.

Grinning he replied "what a warm welcome trained hunter. What? No wolfsbane cake? Now you got me really bummed". Issac said, getting face to face. Yet, it wasn't an aggressive aura. It was flirty.

I had to admit, Issac was beautiful. Yet, he chose to be a werewolf. Big mistake, huge.

"Listen here" I chew some gum for a second whilst we both look at each other. Almost on clue, Issac slides his firm grip up my thigh.

Snatching his hand off my thigh, I notice Stiles looking over to what we are doing. That'll be fun to explain later.

I pierced into his eyes with mine my jaw clenched, "I don't get what you're playing at, but next time you touch me, that body part is coming off".

"Feisty little one aren't you, relatively strong as well," Issac broke free from my grip with a dashing smile plastered on his face. "I like beautiful things with fiery tongues".

"Guess you're in luck" I respond straight faced giving nothing away. Perhaps some frustration.

I look to checkup on Lydia but notice where Allison is looking, Erica is sliding her hand up Scott's thigh, with claws to match. If Issac did that, I would cut him open like bread.

We are then moved onto our next station.

Me and Erica.

The girl who I was once quite fond of sits next to me looking smug, as if she just won a bet. Quite honestly, disgust coursed through my veins. Like Erica became her tormentors. As if she thought it was now okay to abuse the people around her like she was. I didn't know the transition removed empathy.

"Is this a game to you?" I harshly whisper.

"Is what?" She asked.

I roll my eyes "messing with my cousin, and her feelings. Or how about becoming a werewolf? Pick your topic of choice on our therapy session."

Erica's new facade quivered. With a new brave face, Erica happily bragged "how about you and Stiles? Why don't we talk about your feelings for him?"

From disgust to adrenaline. Part of me wanted to carve her like a piece of meat.

"What do you mean me and Stiles?" I question.

Following a giggle she continued. "You were pretty cosy with Stiles last night, Derek smelt it dripping off both of you". After wiggling her eyebrows "and I could smell lust coming off of you and Issac a second ago".

Holding my composer, I took a second to think over her accusations. Of what Erica said is true, they're going to try use Stiles to hurt me and visa versa. Also means that both Stiles and Issac both have feeling for me.

I look across the room and see Issac and Stiles in a heated discussion about what I can only assume is about me and/or Lydia.

After being told to change stations Erica waltzed away from my station looking pleased with herself. Stiles and Issac both looked back at me in unison. Now I'm really curious in what they have to say.

The rest of the class continued until the end of the experiment. Where Lydia ate the crystal, with no effect.

Is Lydia truly the Kanima?