K l a u s

Summary: You give up having to hide your relationship with Klaus.

TW: Suicide

-

For something so magical, it sure had a way of making you feel like garbage. 

For two years now, you'd been in a relationship with the infamous Niklaus Mikaelson. You'd known him quite a while before that, and you also knew that loving him was not going to be easy. 

At first, he had asked to keep it a secret because he didn't want anyone using you as leverage or revenge against him, and you understood. But now that New Orleans was as quiet as a busy city could get, you hated it. Whenever you crossed paths in public and pretended not to notice each other, it broke your heart a tiny bit more. And now that he was barely even coming home at night, you felt as though you had already broken up a long time ago. Ten minute phone calls and tiny glances across a room weren't enough.

You glanced at the clock for the umpteenth time tonight, the clock reading 11:45 PM. That's the fourth time this week he's stayed at a damn hotel instead of coming home because that's how afraid he was to spend more than a few hours with you in fear that some enemy will connect the dots and do something unspeakably terrible to you. 

You understood it, you really did. And it wasn't without reason he did this. You'd been threatened and kidnapped more than once. 

But it took everything in you each day to be without him. And you grew tired of it. 

A part of you wished you could break down into a screaming, crying fit. You had had plenty of those, but not recently. Recently you just felt blank. You knew that something was missing but didn't have the motivation to do anything about it. 

Today is the day. I'm going to do it. 

Your hands found the drawer in which a gun was kept- it was already loaded with wooden bullets, courtesy of your paranoid boyfriend. You emptied the wooden bullets out and replaced them with normal bullets. You weren't sure why you put in all six, you only needed one to die.

The sound of a door closing quietly snapped your attention to the sounds of the house. Footsteps echoed from the floorboards off the walls and to your ears. At this point, you weren't even sure who it was or if you cared. You were absolutely sure it wasn't Klaus. He wasn't coming back. There wasn't anyone else that knew how to get in, so you were sure it was someone with intentions to murder you.

Joke's on them, I'm about to beat them to it.

"Y/n?"

The one voice you had been longing to hear for ages sounded through the house. Klaus's. You thought for a moment that you would feel relieved, happy, something. But it didn't happen. 

"Y/n, darling, are you here?"

You didn't try to hide, because you knew he would reach you before you could find a place. He was only a few moments from seeing you anyways. So you simply held the gun up, examining it.

"Luv, are you-" The door opened to reveal his figure, which had frozen in the doorway as soon as he saw you. He took mental note of the wooden bullets cast aside on the bed. "What are you doing?"

You didn't reply, only leaning the gun halfheartedly to your head. "What does it look like?"

"It looks like you're about to do something you'll regret the moment you do it." His voice wavered. "Y/n, I need you to put that down."

"I don't want to. I want to die." You told him. Tears didn't even dare pool in your eyes, that's just how fare gone you were.

"No you don't. You want to feel better, and you think this is the only solution. Darling, I promise you, this isn't the answer."

"Then what is? Pretending not to know you? Calling three hours a week with you a good week?"

"I understand how hard this has been for you, Y/n. I also hate being away from you for so long. It hurts me every time I have to leave. I promise that one day I'll be able to spend every waking moment with you, without being afraid."

"I know you want that, and I'm sorry I can't wait for that day. I wanted it too." Your finger twitched ever so slightly- everything seemed to be encouraging you to do this.

Your voice was devoid of emotion, but Klaus could tell this was your way of ending this conversation. 

"Goodbye, Niklaus."

*bang*

-

A/N: I do love a good cliffhanger. There will be a part two (eventually)

Suicide helpline: 800-273-8255