S i r i u s

A/N: Requested by @JulzLovDraco4Eva thank you!! I hope you like it! I changed it a little bit to make it more realistic, but essentially the plot is the same.

Summary: Y/n and Sirius, mortal enemies, are forced to deal with their rooming arrangement.

Yes, I realize Head Boy and Girl don't share a dormitory or get to the school a few hours earlier than the other students. I just changed it a little bit for the sake of the plot.

-

"You're paired with Black?!"

I sighed. For the umpteenth time, my situation was becoming known to more people than I'd like. "Yes, Mary, I am. As Head Girl, I'm supposed to share a dormitory with Head Boy. It's been that way for years. I just didn't know he was gonna be Head Boy." I mumbled the last part, my face in my hands.

It wasn't that I hated the idea of sharing a room with him, I just knew it was gonna be... awkward. Fortunately for me, I get to spend the year rooming with the boy I like who doesn't want to talk to me after five years of constant bickering.

My friends, the supportive and sympathetic sweethearts they are, burst into laughter the second the words slipped my mouth.

"Doesn't he hate you?"

"Well, we've never seen eye to eye, and he pretty much never talked to me at all last year, so I'm thinking it's possible." I replied, a tad bit more sulk in my tone than I had intended. Luckily it went unnoticed as Mary had snatched the letter and began to scan its contents.

And the day of unpacking and settling in wasn't much better. To be fair, the Head Boy and Girl's dormitory was actually quite nice. It was a circular room, with two four-poster beds on opposite sides of the room, with a nightstand on either side of each bed. Directly across from the door was a bathroom with two sinks, two showers, and one toilet closed off. 

The afternoon light on the walls made the room look larger than it actually was, but the quiet was nice. If there's anything nice about being Head Girl, it's the quiet you get in your dormitory. Prefects and Head Boys and Girls are required to be at the school at noon rather than at dinnertime with the rest of the students, for the purpose of guiding us through our responsibilities and the guidelines. After that happened we were sent to our dorms to settle in and get to know our dormmate before dinner.

Noticing the open suitcase on one of the beds, I assumed Sirius had arrived first- though he was nowhere to be found. After setting my belongings down on the other bed I began to sift through my bag, pulling out a speaker and a cellphone. I intended to soak up every last minute of alone time, and what better way to do that than to sing at the top of my lungs? (A/N: I am very well aware that this wasn't a thing in this decade, just pretend it was XD)

Tapping the screen a few times, the speaker began to play the guitar notes for the song I had chosen. I climbed onto my feet on the bed, singing along with the music.

"Where it began, I can't begin to knowing. But then I know it's growing stronggggg" I held the end of my phone close to my mouth, using it as a pretend microphone.

"Haaaaaaaands touching haaaaaands, reaching ooooooout,"I sunk to my knees, reaching out to an imaginary audience, "touching meeeee touching youuuuuuu... 

"SWEET CAROLINE, BUM BUM BUM, GOOD TIMES NEVER SEEMED SO GOOD" I banged my hand on the wooden bedpost with the "bum bum bum" part.

"IIIIII'VE BEEN INCLINED," With the next "bum bum bum" part, I swung my head back and forth, hair whipping around with the movement.

And that was when I heard a toilet flush.

Seconds later, the door to the toilet opened and the first thing my eyes landed on was a pair of soft grey eyes that belonged to none other than Sirius Orion Black.