K l a u s

A/N: This is part two to the previous Klaus imagine. I will be writing an alternative ending.

TW: death (suicide), blood

-

Previously...

"For two years now, you'd been in a relationship with the infamous Niklaus Mikaelson. You'd known him quite a while before that, and you also knew that loving him was not going to be easy."

"You emptied the wooden bullets out and replaced them with normal bullets. You weren't sure why you put in all six, you only needed one to die."

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?"

"It looks like you're about to do something you'll regret the moment you do it."

"Goodbye, Niklaus."

*bang*

Presently...

Your entire body immediately went limp, crumpling onto yourself on the carpet. A cry of agony left Klaus' lips as he rushed towards you to catch you.

The bullet had lodged into your neck, and judging by the fact that you were still conscious, you hadn't hit anything important. But still judging by the fact that blood was quickly pooling from the wound, you didn't have much time.

"Y/n? Luv, can you hear me?" Klaus immediately pulled one hand out from under you to bite into his wrist, attempting to feed you his blood. With whatever strength you had left, which was none, really, you kept your lips closed, rejecting his help. Whatever small increments of his blood did find its way into your mouth was what kept you conscious for the small remainder of your life.

"Y/n, please, heal. Don't die on me, you can't die." His voice could barely come over a whisper, tears spilling from his eyes and making little streaks down his cheeks.

You had read many suicide survivor stories, how as soon as they went through with whatever form of death they chose, they felt instant regret. That wasn't there for you. The sudden rush of hope and potential that somehow could only be recognized at the very last moment...didn't happen.

Words seemed to fail you, as you could barely breathe through your own blood being weakly coughed up. And the blood. God, it was everywhere. Every time your heart beat, more of it was pushed outside of your body. As Klaus had pressed a hand on your neck to try to clot the blood, you could feel the pulsing even more. The warmth of your body was leaving you, your arms and legs feeling cold and numb. You were now feeling drowsy, only holding on to life because your body's sole purpose was to do so- and thirsty. Terribly thirsty. Klaus' words were muffled now, and disoriented. They were nothing but strangled pleas for you to feed, mixed with denying the reality that you were seconds away from dying.

Klaus' POV

No.

No, no, no. Y/n. 

I was doing all that I could to make it stop, but in reality I was only prolonging your suffering. I could feel the life leaving you, I could feel every time your heart pulsed in a feeble attempt to aid you. 

So with a heavy heart, I stopped trying to convince you to drink, because even if you could actually swallow, you wouldn't. Through tears and heartache, I pulled you closer to me and made your last passing moments comfortable.

"Darling, I don't know what was going on in your head to make you do this, but I swear to you I would have made it better. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you like I promised to. I love you more than anything, Y/n."

And as the words fell from my lips, I felt the life leave her body.