D a m o n

Summary: Damon is absolutely in love with you but he doesn't want to deal with it so he ignores you. This makes you angry and you finally confront him about it. 

-

You sat in your car in the driveway of the Salvatore mansion, fuming. You had a good reason to be, too, since Damon had straight up run away from you earlier.

A soft tapping on the window snapped you out of your thoughts. You rolled down the window and the other Salvatore gave you an awkward, tight-lipped smile.

"Are you just going to hang out in my driveway all afternoon or are you going to knock?"

You chuckled. "Yeah, sorry."

"No big deal. It's unlocked, and he's in the den." Stefan made a dramatic gesture to the house, as a way of saying, he's all yours.

"He told you what happened?"

"That and everything else, unfortunately. Sometimes I wonder how he's the older one." He sighs. "I've got to get going. Don't burn the house down."

Before you could respond, Stefan started down the driveway. He had only gotten in a few steps before turning into a blurry streak, then disappearing altogether.

Wait a minute.

"He told Stefan? He doesn't have the balls to talk to me but he tells Stefan about every time he ignores me?" Your blood was boiling, which motivated you to storm out of your car, up to the doors, and throw them open so that they banged against the walls.

"DAMON FRANCESCO SALVATORE, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

You already knew where he was, but you were kind of dumb when you were angry. You marched into the den, where he was sitting on the sofa. He wasn't even bothering to move or look at you, he simply twiddled with the glass in his fingers.

"Look at me."

He does so, without moving his head. He looks tired, and maybe a little grumpy.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He replied flatly.

"Yes you do. You ran away from me. You took one look at me and ran away, not even bothering to hide the fact that you're avoiding me. What's this about?"

"I think you need to leave." He stood up, placing his glass down.

"I'm not leaving until you explain."

"What if I don't want to explain? What if I just want to not deal with it?"

"You're acting like a child! God, can't you just be straightforward for once?"

"No! Because I run from my feelings, Y/n! That's who I am, a coward!"

"What feelings, Damon? What the hell are you so afraid of?!"

"I'm afraid of loving you, Y/n!! There! I said it. Tell me how I'm pathetic and push me away and never-"

You interrupted him by grabbing his face and kissing him. It was desperate because of your leftover frustration, but still chaste and loving. When you pulled back to meet his puppy dog eyes, he looked dumbfounded, surprised, like this was the last thing you expected you to do. 

"You're so dramatic."

-

A/N: Yes, Damon's middle name is Francesco. I think it's only in the books though.