S p e n c e r (short)

A/N: You're struggling with artist's block and Spencer encourages you.

-

A long groan rattled your chest as your forehead rested against the cool wood of the desk, the noise turning into a tired and slightly delirious laugh toward the end. 

"How's it going?" The equally exhausted voice of Spencer sounded from the other side of the room. 

"Is it not obvious?" You grumbled, not looking up. "I have to have this finished tomorrow night and every idea I've had ends up running into the ground."

"How long have you been at this?"

"Five hours." You sighed. "I am useless to society."

"Hey, that's not true." Spencer frowned, scooting his wheely chair over the hardwood to sit beside me. "Look at me."

You lolled your head up, half-open eyes taking in the image of him.

"You're doing amazing, and you're not useless. You make people happy with your creations."

I let out a bitter laugh, shaking my head lightly and about to turn when he took my chin gently between his thumb and forefinger, tilting my head back to look him in the eye.

"Listen to me. I love you for your imagination. I'm all statistics and fact, that's not special. You create things of your own, your mind is made of color and poetry. The world would be a greyer place without you."

Though I was exhausted, my heart swelled at his words and my lips pulled up into a smile. "Thank you."

He simply responded with a smile. "And don't you forget it."

-

A/N: Had to write a little Spencer thing since it's his birthday (I know I'm late and it's probably not his birthday when this releases but I tried. (WHY WAS THIS ONE SO SHORT WTF) Also I know I've been bad at updating regularly and I feel really bad about it, I'm going to try to get some more put out this weekend.