Chapter 22: Something for You

DARJEELING'S POV

I sat anxiously in my seat in class. Kay was in this class with me, and she hadn't shown up yet.

Finally, I breathed a sigh of relief when she walked in. She sat next to me like always, greeting me with a kiss.

"I'll ask you once more to keep that to yourselves, ladies." grumbled the professor.

Kay rolled her eyes, grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze. I smiled, but I wasn't at ease at all.

I turned my attention to the board, trying my best to focus on the lesson.

Why hasn't she given me an answer yet?

I tapped my foot, wincing at the thought of her possible rejection. No, she wouldn't. We've been so happy together... unless she hasn't? Was it only me enjoying this?

I shook away my bad thoughts, drawing the attention of my professor.

"Miss Darjeeling, are you going to write down the notes? Or perhaps you are too busy holding hands with your little girlfriend."

I blushed, cringing as everyone turned their attention towards Kay and I.

"Sorry.." I mumbled. I pulled my hand out of Kay's, picking up my pen.

The professor turned back to the lesson.

"Don't worry about that old butt nugget. We'll have plenty of time to ourselves later." whispered Kay with a grin.

I nodded.

"D, are you feelin' alright? You've been spaced out."

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine." I responded.

We didn't talk for the rest of the lesson, and I avoided her gaze and her attempts to grab my hand or toy with my things.

Finally, the end of class came. I stood up, grabbing my bag.

"Woah, woah. Why so fast? Can't we grab lunch together again?" asked Kay, grabbing my arm.

"Well..."

It's dumb of me to ignore her. Plus, I don't want her thinking I'm angry with her or anything. It might influence her decision...

I breathed a sigh of defeat. "Sure. Why not?"

"That's my girl!" Kay jumped up, once again lacing our fingers together.

She practically dragged me into the hallway, pulling me along at breakneck speed.

"Kay, this isn't the way to the cafeteria." I said, looking around in confusion.

She giggled, pulling me into a dark and confined room.

"Kay, what on earth?!" I asked, out of breath.

"I passed this on the way to class earlier. I knew I'd bring you here~"

"A janitor's closet? Seriously Kay, this is something out of a cheesy romance story."