Chapter 2: Robin is My Neighbor Part 2

8:00 AM

As the morning started sunshine began to flow into Bruce and Dick's suite. The rays of light first came over Bruce and woke the older man up. As he did so Bruce rubbed his face trying to wake himself up. Once he could keep his eyes open Bruce smiled as he saw his son still clinging to his chest like a baby koala.

He ever so gently raised his arm to look at his watch and read eight am. Their meeting time with Mr. Rodgers began at ten right after his morning recording for the daily episodes. Meanwhile they needed to get ready and have breakfast quickly so they could make it on time. So in the most loving and gentle way possible Bruce shook his son's little body to wake him up.

It took a little bit of effort but eventually Bruce managed to wake his son up and boy was it adorable. The little boy stretched and yawned just like a tiny kitten waking from a deep sleep.

"Good mornin daddy." Dick said rather tiredly as he rubbed his eyes.

"Good morning little bird, did you sleep well?" Bruce asked as he sat up and sat his sleepy son on his lap.

"Mhmm." Dick answered as he laid his head on his father's chest.

"Are you excited for today?"

"Hmm?" Dick asked as he looked at his father confused on why he was asking him that.

"We're meeting Mr. Rodgers remember." Bruce chuckled figuring Dick completely forgot why they were in a hotel.

Dick's eyes immediately shot open and a smile spread widely across his face.

"Oh yeah! Let's go daddy!" Dick squealed as he hopped off his father's lap onto the floor, took his large hand with both his tiny ones, and began to try and drag his father to the door.

However Bruce just chuckled and scooped up his excited little boy into his arms.

"Wo wo wo baby bird, we still need to get ready for the day. You can't just go running out there in your jammies." Bruce reminded his son, who was bouncing up and down in his arms with pure excitement.

Dick agreed to this and was quickly dressed in a red knit sweater and jean overalls. He was then given a warm red Mr. Rogers beanie and warm black down jacket to keep him from getting cold. Dick also brought Peanuts with him, stating that the stuffed elephant wanted to meet his TV hero as well. Once all preparations were taken care of, Bruce scooped up Dick again and they headed out for Mr. Rogers studio.

As soon as they left the hotel and entered the brisk cold outside Bruce called over their limo. It promptly arrived so both father and son quickly got inside and were off to their special destination. It took all of a few minutes for Dick to ask that all too infamous question all small children have on trips.

"Are we almost there daddy?!" Dick asked excitedly as he bounced in his car seat.

"We still have a little ways to go little bird, just be patient." Bruce chuckled as he ruffled his son's hair.

After about fifteen minutes they at last arrived at Mr.Rogers studio and were dropped off. As they walked through the studio it took the firmest grip Bruce could muster to keep his uncontrollably excited son's hand in his. Eventually they reached the studio's front desk where the front desk woman was on a call. She was a young woman, most likely in her mid twenties, with honey blonde curled hair, green eyes, and a stylish pink dress.

"Excuse me ma'am." Bruce interjected as politely as possible.

"..you need to sir... oh hold for a moment. Hello how may I help you?" The receptionist asked warmly as she put the phone down.