Chapter 3: Robin is My Neighbor Part 3

Within minutes the small group was at the Chinese restaurant close to the studio. They all sat at a little booth and looked over the menu.

"Daddy do theys have Chow Mein?" Dick asked eagerly, since he couldn't read very well quite yet..

"It looks like they do, is that what you want baby?" Bruce asked curiously as he looked at the menu quickly.

"Mhmm, it's my favwit! Our tightrope walker Lee mades it for me back in da circus!" Dick answered gleefully.

"I remember reading something about that once, you grew up in a circus did you not Dick? What was that like?" Mr. Rogers asked, genuinely curious.

"It was so much fun and it was like one big family!"

"Wow that sounds like quite an adventure, you must have been very sad to leave it."

"Uh huh I's was really sads, but den I got daddy an I wasn sad anymore." Dick said as he then nuzzled his daddy's arm.

Bruce smiled as he then rubbed his son's little head affectionately and smiled. It was then that the waitress came back and took their order.

"Are we ready gentlemen?"

"Yes I'll get an order of the mugu gai pan and chow mein as well as a wonton soup for the two of us." Bruce ordered.

"Then I will be having the Veggie potstickers and the lo mein noodles but..."

"Tofu instead of Chicken, I know the drill Mr. Rogers. I'll be right out with your food." The waitress said with a wink.

"Tofu? Wait, are you a vegetarian?" Bruce asked with great curiosity.

"I just can't imagine eating something that has a mother." Mr. Rogers said sympathetically and with a smile.

Bruce thought about Mr. Rogers' opinion for a moment and saw his point, but he liked meat too much. From there they continued with their conversation, all of them laughing and having a good time as they spoke. Pretty much all the questions were from Mr. Rogers, all of them about Bruce and Dick. He wanted to know everything about them and it was like he really did care about them as people as well.

Then about fifteen minutes into their conversation their food came, which was good because they were all really hungry. As they ate Mr. Rogers was in awe of the rate and amount Dick was eating at, never had he seen such a hungry little boy before.

"You truly have a hungry little guy there, your cupboards must rarely be full." Mr. Rogers said endearingly as he ruffled Dick's hair.

"I still haven't figured out where it all goes yet, especially with how small he is for his age. But what I do know is wherever it goes it causes Alfred to go to the grocery store three times a week." Bruce chuckled.

From there they all ate and chatted it up, all of them enjoying themselves immensely. They sat at that restaurant for quite some time, none of them keeping track of the time, and eventually the youngest in their party started to get very sleepy. Dick could barely keep his eyes open but it wasn't long before Bruce noticed his son and what time it was, and it was very close to nap time. So Bruce gathered his son into his arms, Dick immediately cuddling into his father's warm and familiar chest,

"I'm afraid nap time is right now for my little bird, he's especially tired after big meals." Bruce said as he got up from the table, child in arms.

"I understand, I remember when my boys were in that stage. Such a fun and adventurous stage, but their little bodies aren't quite ready for such big adventures yet." Mr. Rogers said as he rose from the table and gently rubbed Dick's head.