Chapter 16: I Will Not Lose You Part 1

It was late and quiet at the old abandoned ACE chemical warehouse in the manufacturing district of Gotham. Inside a gang of men dressed in clown-like masks and armor waited, some armed and guarding the place, others idly sitting around playing cards and gambling.

"Two pair, take that boys!" One man declared proudly.

"What!"

"Damn you!"

"I know you're cheating somehow!"

Many of the other players threw down their cards angrily, except one who merely smirked.

"Hard to beat, but let's see how you play against a royal flush!" The smirking man said as he laid his cards down smoothly.

"Why you bastard I'll...!"

"Get off your asses you bunch of bums, the boss is coming in!" A large armed man said as he cocked his large gun.

Immediately the gambling men put their guns away, the last thing they wanted to do was set off their psychotic boss, especially with how orator he could be. No sooner after their game was cleaned up came walking in Joker, his usual creepy grin on his face, with Harley Quinn by his side.

"Well hello gentlemen, at last I've returned! Do you have what I asked you to bring?" Joker asked with a menacing chuckle.

"Of course boss, we have it right over here!" A goon motioned forward nervously, afraid of his boss's manic nature.

Joker and Harley walked forward until they came upon a large clown nose like orb with the words hahaha spray painted all over in multiple colors.

"My my what a beauty! What do you think my dear Harley?" Joker asked way too enthusiastically.

"She's a looker alright, she's gonna blow them away with her looks!" Harley laughed hysterically, for the device was in fact a bomb.

"How right you are my dear, in fact I'd say she'd blow them as far as Star City if I'm right!" Joker chortled along.

"I'm afraid this beauty is going to have to wait a while to do so." Batman said as he and Robin descended from the roof.

"My my if it isn't just batsie and the boy blunder! A little past bedtime wouldn't you say, very irresponsible Batsie!" Joker chuckled madly.

Robin growled angrily, he hated when villains made fun of his age during their fights. He may be young but he was just as capable as any hero, I'll be it very little but nonetheless capable.

"Irresponsible is right Mr. J, but I like it when Batman brings the little bird he's so much fun to play with!" Harley Quinn gushed.

Sick of being patronized by the clownish pair Robin lost it and did a jump kick at Harley.

"Let's see how fun this is!" Robin yelled as he flew in the air.

With great force Robin came at Harley but was unfortunately blocked by her giant wooden mallet. Robin quickly recovered and did a back handspring back onto his feet.

"Uh Uh Uh, that's very naughty little boy to attack a lady. I'm gonna have to give you a good spankin!" Harley Quinn taunted with a kooky laugh.

From there the two went at it, sparing each other with a mix of melee weapons and hand to hand combat.

"Looks like it's just me and you Batman, just like old times." Joker said with his usual creepy smile as he pulled out a long knife.

"Then looks like you're going back to Arkham." Batman said as he then charged at Joker.