Chapter 31: The Teams First Mission Part 1

It was a lovely Saturday morning at Happy Harbor as the sun shined brightly. All the citizens lived out their usual Saturday routines, but little did they know that there was hero work going on at the secret Justice League base in the mountain. For every Saturday morning was training for the junior Justice League, or the team, as they were more commonly known as.

At the moment they were sharpening their individual unique skills and abilities. M'gann worked on her telekinesis, pushing herself to lift heavier objects with her mind by using the boulders in the cave. Wally was trying to build up his speed by running around the track in the enormous Mount Justice gym. Conner worked on his physical strength by lifting weights, which was funny considering he was only eight, and honing his new abilities in a variety of ways. Roy was working on his aim as well as experimenting with trick arrows with some target practice. Kaldur practiced his water magic by changing the forms of his water bearers and gaining better control of water itself as well as strengthened his electrical output. Then lastly was Dick who practiced and improved his acrobatics, as well as spared with his father to better improve his hand to hand combat.

Bruce was assigned as the team's leader while they were in training and until they were a lot older. He was chosen due to his ability to keep the kids in line and his unique skill of making excellent and efficient training regiments. He'd been their leader for a few months now and he was honestly impressed by the improvement of their skills and hard work. Not to mention the team's natural bond which made their teamwork exercises incredibly successful showing great aptitude for hero work. He knew they still had much farther to go, but he had hope in them to one day take over the Justice League and defend the world. In fact he had a special surprise for them to see just how strong their improving abilities and team bond was.

Dick had just landed a good kick to his chest causing Bruce to fall to the ground, eliciting a great cheer from the little boy. Bruce praised his child proudly, but knew this meant it was time to give the team their surprise.

"Alright good job little bird, now go hydrate and suit up. I have a surprise for you and the team." Bruce said as he passed a water bottle to Dick and patted him on the head.

"A surprise! What is it daddy?!" Dick asked excitedly.

"You'll find out in a moment, now go get changed." Bruce said in a coy manner.

With that the little boy ran off to go put on his suit, excited to see what the surprise was, he hoped it was a mission. As that went on Bruce quickly changed into his suit to become Batman and then made his way to the globe/briefing room. Batman then typed into the hollow computer eventually bringing up the overcome system.

"Team stop your training, suit up, and come here to the briefing room in the next ten minutes." Batman instructed in his usual Batman voice.

For the ten minutes Batman simply stood there stoically and waited for the team to arrive before him. Then before he knew it six little heroes in training appeared before him suited up and ready for further instruction.

"Now that everyone is here, I have called you all to inform you that the League and I have reviewed your progress from the last few months. You all have made significant improvement in both your individual development and your work as a team. So we have decided to assign you your first mission." Batman said in his usual stoic way, with a slight hint of pride at his team's improvements.

Almost immediately in a lapse of childish excitement the team cheered and celebrated the news. Together they jumped up and down and hugged each other, happy they were finally getting a mission. Batman allowed them this for a few minutes, figuring they had earned it and had every right to be excited for their next step.