Chapter 33: Team Sleepover

It was about four in the afternoon at the Watchtower and everyone was busy with work and other various tasks. There was also a big hubbub as a crew readied a jet for a big mission. They worked tirelessly as this was not just any mission but one for the original seven. The founding members of the Justice League which included Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman.

Initially many of the original seven were apprehensive about accepting this mission as it meant being separated from their protégés. Normally this wasn't a problem but after the fiasco of the mission the junior team had experienced just two weeks ago it made them nervous. This wasn't just because of their own personal worries, but some of the events of that mission had left the protégés with unexpected mental challenges.

For those two weeks after the mission all the kids had been having bad nightmares every other night. They would see their teammates kidnapped with them helpless to rescue them, themselves left in a jungle all alone in the dark, Bane preparing to shoot them as they tried to escape, and other disturbing images. The kids may have been tough cookies and brave little kids but that didn't exempt them from suffering trauma, especially considering their current maturity levels.

But luckily Black Canary had an idea that was able to sway all of them. She and Green Arrow were going to have a comfy party for the whole team. Now many wondered what that exactly was, having never heard of such a thing. Well in essence all the kids would get in their most comfortable sleepers and be brought into a room full of soft mattresses, blankets, pillows, and their favorite stuffed animals. Together they would have a perfectly wholesome time filled with fun games, team building exercises, yummy snacks and food, a movie, and absolutely nothing remotely scary.

All the mentors wholeheartedly agreed to this idea knowing this was precisely what they needed. So after a few days of planning and setting up the "comfort zone" as it was dubbed, the day of the comfy party had arrived just in time for the League's mission. All the mentors were carrying their protégés to the comfort zone, each dressed in an adorable animal themed sleeper and accompanied by a soft plushy friend.

"Don't you think I'm a little too old for this, I'm not exactly soft and little anymore." Roy said bashfully from the place in his mentor's arms.

Roy felt slightly embarrassed at the fact he was dressed in fuzzy red and white fox sleeper with paw-like feeties, a plush tail, and a hood that had adorable tall ears on top of it. Not to mention he was holding his plush companion, a well loved koala named Bruno. It was one of the few possessions he had from his former life and it always brought him great comfort to have it around.

"Roy you may be the oldest on the team but you're still only 10. Besides you deserve to have a little softness and babying every once in a while. Especially with how cute you look in your sleeper." Oliver said tenderly as he adjusted the 10 year old in his arms.

Roy gave no response, only blushing even more as he felt like he was the little six year old Oliver met once more. He of course wouldn't say it out loud, but he kind of liked it, enjoying the feeling of being cared for and held by the man he views as his father.

Soon enough the two were in the comfort zone, and boy were they greeted with quite the sight. Mattresses, pillows, and blankets galore as well as five other children dressed in comfy and adorable sleepers all running around and playing together.

Dick was of course dressed in his red Robin sleeper he got for Christmas while Peanuts and his bat blankie were sitting on top of a mattress. Wally was dressed up in a golden yellow Lion sleeper with paw-like feeties, a thin tail with red fur at the end, and a hood with ears and a mane of red fur around it. He was accompanied by his life long friend and protector Tesla. Tesla, as in Nikola Tesla the inventor of the superior was to conduct electric currents, was a Teddy Bear Wally had had since he was born.