Chapter 23: This Can't Be Real

Warning: This chapter may be a little dark, but just read on till the end. I promise the ending is happy.
It was a dark and moonless night in Gotham, a storm was brewing threatening to rain and thunder down. Similarly it was dark in the Gotham National Bank, all was quiet on the inside and not sound could be heard. That was until a large explosion went off near the east side of the building, which now had a huge circular hole in it. As debri and dust filled the air Two-Face and his goons walked through guns cocked and ready to blow. Then with a quick signal Two-Face let his goons loose on the riches of the bank. They all went nuts as they raided the safety deposit boxes and registers as well as many other places where they keep money in banks.

"Alright boys hurry it up and take anything you can get your hands on. No need to test our luck here, I'm sure it will be only minutes before the police or worse the Bat shows up." Two-Face urged as he flipped his scratched coin in his hand.

"I'm afraid luck must not be on your side then, Two Face."

Everyone turned to see Batman standing behind Two Face, only they couldn't see his face due to the light behind him, showing only his intimidating stature.

"Good thing I make my own luck!" Two Face said as he pulled out his guns and began shooting at the dark knight.

With expert skill Batman dodged the bullets and glided behind the super villain. He immediately gave the scared man a powerful punch to the back knocking him to the floor. All the henchmen stood helpless and frozen, enraging their boss.

"Come on you morons shoot the damn bat!" Two Face bellowed from his place on the ground.

Snapped out of their fear the henchmen readied themselves to shoot, only to have a large explosion shock them once more and blow some of them off their feet. Disoriented few noticed a cheeky little laugh echoing from the shadows as they tried to get back on their feet. Taking full advantage of this Robin revealed himself and went about taking out the goons so his mentor could take on Two Face alone.

"So you brought the brat huh." Two Face commented snarkily as he got back on his feet and dusted himself off.

"No, I brought my partner." Batman made quite clear, hating when people used derogatory words to refer to his son.

"Yeah whatever, either way one of you is gonna pay for interrupting my job!" Two Face yelled as he then went for a punch at Batman.

Batman however dodged and gave Two Face a swift kick to the face. The disfigured mobster yelled in pain and then once again went for the dark knight. For several minutes the two fought with their fists, all the while Robin took care of the goons behind them, doing his best to keep them from reaching his father. Eventually the one on one combat came to a standstill with Batman and a Two Face facing each other tensely and breathing heavily.

"Just make this easier on yourself Dent, turn yourself in. Stop breaking out and face the Justice you know you deserve." Batman advised the once just man.

"We both know Batman, I believe in only one kind of justice, and I think it's time you faced it as well." Two Face said as he pulled out his coin and flipped it in the air.

The coin landed quickly and Two Face revealed the bright shiny looking head side of the coin.

"Looks like fate smiled kindly on you today Batman."

"I see that, now drop your weapons and surrender." Batman said unamused as he started to approach Two Face.

"Oh I'm not finished yet, I'm sure your little brat has justice to face. Why don't we look and see." Two Face said menacingly with a wicked smile.