Chapter 9: What's Love?

It was a normal day at the Watchtower, everyone busy with their own little jobs and tasks. But then as they worked, their focused thoughts were suddenly interrupted by adorable and infectious laughter. Everyone turned from what they were doing and smiled as they saw it was none other than the Justice League angel Robin.

At the moment the said angel was laughing madly as he rode his father's leg, holding onto it like a baby koala. This was kept up for a few minutes till Batman stopped a few feet before the meeting hall door.

"Alright little bird I think it's time to get off daddy's leg." Bruce said calmly but kindly.

Still slightly giggling Dick got off his fathers leg but immediately took his hand and walked normally.

"You certainly seem quite excited today Robin, any particular reason?"

"Because daddy wes meetin a real magician!" Dick squealed excitedly as he bounced up and down as his father walked forward.

At the moment the two were going to be meeting with one of the Justice League's many magic users Zatara. Batman needed the magicians skills in order to help him track and capture a very specific villain, one he didn't want to share with Dick.  Eventually the two made it to the meeting hall and saw Zatara, dressed in his  top hat and tails, standing in front of the huge holographic globe, muttering incantations. However, quickly upon the Dynamic Duo's entrance Zatara turned his head and stopped what he was doing.

"Ah Batman I see you finally arrived." Zatara said with his very thick Italian accent and a smirk.

"I apologize Zatara, I was late picking my son up from school and so it affected the rest of my schedule unfortunately." Batman explained in his usual stoic manner.

"Ah I so the boy wonder himself joined us as well, hello Robin." Zatara said with a smile as he crouched down and ruffled Dick's thick black hair.

"Hi Mr. Zatara, is it trues yous a real magician!?" Dick asked excitedly.

"Why in fact I am little one.  Would you like to see?" Zatara asked with a warm smile.

Dick ecstatically nodded his head, barely able to keep his excitement contained at the thought of seeing real magic. So Zatara took off his top hat and held in front of Dick

"What is your favorite flavor of ice cream passerotto?" Zatara asked sweetly. (little sparrow in Italian)

"Chocolate!" Dick squealed, absolutely in love with all things chocolate.

"Zatara please be sure not to give him too much, he gets really sick if he has large amounts of sugar." Batman requested, always on concerned father mode no matter where or who he was.

"Of course Batman, I know how to take care of the little bambinos. I am a father myself you know,now where was I oh yes, eno etalocohc eci maerc enoc!" (One chocolate ice cream cone)

With a few magic sparks and a twirl of his wand Zatara then reached deep into the hat and pulled out a delicious little waffle cone with one scoop of chocolate ice cream. Dick stood speechless with eyes as wide as saucers amazed at the fleet of real magic done for him.

"There you go passerotto your own little ice cream cone." Zatara said, handing the cone to Dick.

Immediately Dick accepted it and took a lick at it, giving a satisfying mhm sound as he tasted the delicious ice cream.

"Wow, thank yous Uncle Zatara! Yous da bestest!" Dick said grateful and happily, now crowning the magician with the term of uncle as he had with several leaguers.