Chapter 35: Justice Dads go to War Part 1

It was a normal day in Happy Harbor and all seemed as it should be. Even the Jr. Justice League was as they had their training at Mount Justice as usual. They were currently working on team building exercises and all the mentors had accompanied them for this. They also had a few surprise show ups with Black Canary, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, and Red Tornado.At the moment they were locked in a round of tug of war. On one side was Superboy, Robin, and Speedy on the other was Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Miss Martian. At the moment the teams were pretty evenly matched as sure one side had Superboy, but also had Robin who despite his skill was also only 6. The other side had Miss Martian and Kaldur who were able to counter Superboy's strength descently, though similarly they had Kid Flash whose strength was speed not physical strength. It was adorable to hear their little grunts as they tried to pull the flag in the middle to their side.

"Come on Superboy, you got this! Show them that Kryptonian strength is king!" Superman yelled out excitedly.

"Aqualad, keep your balance and work with your team! You three together can do this!" Aquaman yelled out in protest.

"You got this Speedy, cream them like pie!" Green Arrow yelled out way too excitedly and ten times louder.

Speedy cringed hard core at this, as this was how Green Arrow was at his games too. He was always the loudest and most obnoxious in the crowd. It was touching in a way, but also super embarrassing, especially when he would then later fight the ref and get kicked out.....again.

"Do they always get this worked up when they watch the kids train?" Hawkgirl asked with a chuckle.

"Yes, it's like a game to them to see who can cheer the loudest for their protégé. Which if I had to choose the winner it would definitely be Oliver." Wonder Woman chuckled back.

"If you think this is bad, you should see him at Roy's games. I have had to start recording them now because he gets kicked out nearly every time for fighting with the ref." Black Canary said cringing just as hard as Speedy.

The tug of war went on for five more minutes and it was a close call but eventually Superboy, Kid Flash, and Robin won.

"Yay we won!" Robin squealed as he jumped up and down.

Everyone looked at the excited little boy with eyes of adoration for the unbelievably cute son of Batman.

"That was good work team, you all worked excellently together. Next exercise you will all be working together as one unit. It's important for you all to be able to trust one another and work as a cohesive unit. If there is any imbalance within your team, you will never be able to accomplish your missions and it will make your future hero work much harder. We in the league have mastered our ability to work with a diverse group of members. At any moment we could be paired with anyone in the League so we need to be able to communicate and work well with others that we may have never met before. But we can focus on that later. Agent A has prepared lunch for you all, so be sure to thank him when you get to the kitchen." Batman explained and instructed in his usual mostly stoic manner.

All the kids squealed excitedly as they made their way to the kitchen. Once there they saw several large and neatly packed picnic baskets as well as Alfred standing there with a knowing smile.

"Hello children, I see you all have been working very hard today. So I thought a nice little picnic on the beach outside would be fun for everyone."

"Yay, you're the best Alfred!" Dick squealed as he hugged Alfred's legs.

"I try my best Master Dick, now all of you go on and get changed. I'm sure you would all like to go for a little swim after lunch as well on such a beautiful day like this." Alfred suggested, as he always made sure to find opportunities for the children to just be normal children when he could.