Chapter 15: Robot Babysitter

"Greetings Robin, Speedy, Kid Flash, and Aqualad I will be watching you until your mentors return from their mission. I will warn you that my databases do not hold much information on the care of children so I will need your assistance in knowing what to do." Red Tornado said in a monotone voice.

"Wow you're a real robot!" Dick said with a wowed gasp, forgetting he was upset by his father leaving without him.

"That is correct Robin I am an artificial intelligence that has been programmed into a mechanical vessel or as you humans commonly refer to, a robot."  Red Tornado answered in the same tone as earlier.

"So why exactly are you the one babysitting us?" Roy asked angstily, hating being treated like a little kid.

"The other Justice League members thought my lack of emotion would be suited to keep you all under control. As I have come to know, you have a history for causing trouble and swaying the better judgment of the members of the league with your child-like charms." Red Tornado said as if he read it off some league report like a script.

"Fair enough." Roy sighed, knowing there was going to be no way around the robot before them.

"However I also volunteered for this position in the hopes of understanding more about human interaction, especially that of children, due to my lack of interaction and contact. So I would like to observe your activities to gain said understanding." Red Tornado explained further.

It was then Roy's unpleasant expression turned into that of a mischievous smile, realizing that they could use the robots' desires to cause absolute mayhem and he wouldn't even realize it.

"Well good news for you then we actually were about to play our favorite game. It's a pretty common one for kids to play so I'm sure you can learn a lot about kids from just watching that. It's called ''pillow fort war." Roy said as he tried to fake innocence.

Immediately after he said the name of the game Wally and Dick squealed with excitement and mischief. For Pillow Fort Wars was a game they played the first time they ever had a sleepover together, but it was banned by their mentors due to its absolute mess and mayhem it created. Let's just say Green Arrow's living room took five league members and three days to finally restore it back to its original state after that sleepover.

"What is Pillow Fort War?" Kaldur asked curiously.

"Follow me and I'll show you." Roy said as he then ran off to the living room of Mount Justice.

"Yeah Pillow Fort War!" Wally squealed as he sped to follow Roy.

Kaldur, not wanting to miss out on more play time with his new friends, followed suit and ran after them. As Red Tornado observed this he felt a tug in his leg making him look down only to see Robin pulling on him with great joy.

"Come on Red Tornado! You have ta join us, it'll be fun!" Dick requested excitedly.

Looking down at the little cape and mask clad boy wonder Red Tornado felt an unfamiliar pang/spark in his circuits that made him want to follow and do whatever the boy said. Were these the child-like charms he had read and heard about?

"Very well Robin, I will follow you." Red Tornado stated in monotone, but yet with an almost undetectable trace of happiness.

One Hour Later

The living room of Mount Justice was an absolute disaster, every cushion in the base was either sprawled across the floor or stacked in tall but shabby looking forts. Blankets were also everywhere in messy bundles, tied to pillow forts to keep them stable, and wrapped little boys cozily like soft caps. Every pillow in sight was used as a projectile to destroy one of the three forts in the living room since powers weren't allowed.