Chapter 19: Discovering a New Friend Part 1

This is my own version of Independence Day from Young Justice, so be aware I made so big edits. Also I don't own any of these characters or the show, but enjoy my take on it!
——————————————————————————

It was April in Gotham and reaching about noon, a time when families were able to get out and enjoy a picnic outside again. Gone we're the snowy winters of ice and heat lamps, and coming in were days of sunshine and warm weather. Or so they thought for in came Mr. Freeze to ruin this picturesque day. He went about his usual antics of wrecking havoc and freezing all around him as a way to create a world of cold and ice.

However luckily as usual in came Batman and Robin to foil his plans and put a stop to his evil deeds. At the moment Mr. Freeze was shooting his freeze ray around the park when suddenly two bird-a-rangs knocked his freeze ray off course making him stop.

"Batman..." Freeze started to grumble till he turned around and saw no one there.

A high pitched mischievous giggle flew past his ear putting Freeze on edge knowing his opponent's sneaky attacks. But despite his best efforts he was surprise attacked with a strong kick to his back causing him to fall over.

"Oh even better, the boy wonder." Freeze grumbled sarcastically, though noticing the five year old had a new costume.

It was now a full body one piece with a black bodysuit, a red tunic, and his cape now with the colors reversed yellow inside and black outside. The little boy missed his old colorful outfit and despised the long black body suit that replaced his green thong that made it so much easier to move. But this was non negotiable since Bruce insisted he needed more coverage for protection and partially to fend off the pedophiles he feared they would one day encounter. His previous outfit was adorable and to normal people perfectly fine, but in the criminal world all was perverted so he needed to protect his child.

"You better believe it! Now hurry, we gotta get to the Hall of Justice!" Robin said anxiously.

"Why exactly are you telling me this?" Freeze asked, annoyed as he got back up.

"I wasn't talkin to you."

It was then Batman swung down and kicked Freeze across the face.

"We have a mission to complete first Robin, the ceremony can wait until that's finished first." Batman said firmly.

"I know I know, but let's hurry still, today's the day!" Robin said as he threw another bird-a-rang Mr. Freeze, determined to get where he was wanting to go.

Star City

Icicle Jr. was terrorizing the main bridge that connected the city to the highway, spraying the bridge in ice and impaling cars with icicles.

"Hahaha I'd love to see someone stop me, I'm king of this city today!" The young villain cackled madly.

He continued terrorizing for a few minutes until two explosive arrows interrupted him by blowing up in his face. After the smoke cleared and Icicle regained his sight he looked around for the source till he saw it on top of the bridge. Standing there were Speedy and Green Arrow poised to shoot another arrow at the icy villain.

"This guy just screams desperation for attention, he better not make us late or I'll never hear the end of it from Kid Flash!" The 10 year old protégés complained.

"Patience Speedy, we'll be there in plenty of time." Green Arrow said confidently.

The two then released their arrows, sending them raining down on Icicle Jr. and blowing him up again.