Chapter 10: Hunting My Family's Killer Part 1

It was a very quiet night in Gotham City, almost too quiet, in the eeriest way possible. Especially in the gutters and dark allies of Gotham, a sign that bad goings on we're in the process of happening. In one particular all, a pair of trench coat and fedora wearing men went up to a rusty old door. Immediately one knocked on the door in a specific way causing it to crack open and light to slightly lighten up the alley. With great speed entered in, only to be greeted by an old fashioned and luxurious club of sorts.

Smooth and quiet jazz was being played, stogies were being smoked, and rich and powerful men of the underworld discussed "business" among other topics of a crasser nature. Anyways the two men were led to a table where a very large and chubby man sat with a glass of scotch. Quickly the two came up to the man, taking off their fedoras and kissing his ring.

"Sir." Both greeted simultaneously.

"Boys, it's nice to see you. Now what appears to be the problem?" The mob boss asked as he took a big puff of his cigar.

"Well boss, we wanted to talk to you about Zucco." One of the men asked nervously.

"What about Zucco?" The mob boss asked, annoyed as he then took a sip of his glass of scotch.

"Well we know he's been a good asset, especially for helping
take out the competition and extort the big business around Gotham but...." One gangster started, knowing he had to be careful when questioning the mob boss.

"We think he's gotten a little out of control, he slites the throats of at least ten of our fellow brothers a week, just for a minor infraction or question. Not to mention he keeps bringing attention to our operation through his reckless and over the top schemes. The Grayson incident alone nearly got all of the gangsters and mobs on the east side of Gotham arrested and set to the chair." The other gangster complained, willing to be a bit braver and bolder in the subject of Tony Zucco.

There was a long moment of silence before the mob boss took one line inhale of his cigar and then smooshed the end into a solid gold ashtray to his right.

"Boys boys boys, there is a simple solution to your problem, it's all about control. Is it true Tony Zucco is a sadistic gangster with a massive lust for blood and money, yes. But that is what makes him so easy to control, if you want to keep him under wraps more you gotta satisfy his desires in a more controlled way. He wants blood, give him something to play with that doesn't include your fellow brother. If he wants money find him the biggest heist you can find and that'll keep him preoccupied. In basic if you keep him happy, his cravings and brain don't go snappy, do you understand?"

"Well yeah boss, but what about him drawing attention especially that of...the bat?" One mobster asked, getting suddenly very quiet.

"Haha good luck to the bat with that one, Zucco is a sly one and a survivor, he won't get caught. No even by the caped crusader himself." The mob boss chuckled cockily.

However it was then that the lights suddenly turned off in the secret club. Women screamed and mobsters looked around with guns and knives drawn, ready to kill who ever dared to trespass. But then the lights came back on, only this time Batman stood in the middle of the club, causing everyone to freak out.

"It's the bat!"

"How'd he get in here!"

"He really is a monster like they say!"

"Shut up you morons and shoot his brains out!" The mob boss yelled out angrily.

Immediately a burst of bullets came flying at the bat and knives were thrown at him. However none of them even scratched Batman as he flipped out of the way and dogged all the incoming bullets and other assorted weapons. As he did so he managed to kick gangster butts along the way, doing his best to take out his assailants quickly. This went on for ten minutes till there was no one left but the mob boss and the two mobsters who'd come to talk to him. Then once again the lights went dark, making the mob boss defend himself by putting the two men around him, guns drawn.