Cold & Lost (20)

_____

"Taehyung," Jungkook called, wrapping his hands around Mr. Kims forearm gently. 

Taehyung looks at jungkook, cheeks flashing pink. Luckily it's dark. Because jungkook felt so warm, though he was shivering.

Taehyung realized jungkook called him by his name. It sounded so beautiful coming out of his mouth. Again, it's as if he was meant to say it. He couldn't help but smile a bit.

They've only been walking for a little while now. Earlier, before nightfall, Mr.Kim and five other students went out looking for wood. And Mr.Kim had the idea of marking each three. He tied the tree branch with a red string that he brought, thinking ahead.

Now that is what he using to guide them. But it's dark, too dark in fact. Can barely see anything even with a torch.

He looked at jungkook, who was shivering. He placed the torch into his pocket and took jungkooks hands in his. "Why didn't you bring a coat, Jeon?"

Jungkook pouted, "sorry." It was too cold, actually. The nights are always too cold and jungkook took the risk.

His heart flattered as he watched taehyung warm his hands. A smile appeared on his face and tears brimmed his eyes. Taehyung was too warm.

He rubbed jungkooks hands with his, breathing hot air into them. He did that a couple more times. "How are you feeling?"

He asked and when he didn't get an answer, he looked up at jungkook. The sight broke his heart. Jungkook was crying. He looked so cute, so soft, so beautiful! But he was crying. Was it that cold?

Taehyung wiped his tears away with his thumb. Then rubbed his own hands together and placing them onto jungkooks cheeks. "Too cold?"

Jungkook shacked his head, leaning into the touch. "No," He whispered.

Taehyung's let out a small chuckle. He was shivering and crying yet he says no. Taehyung retracts his hands, opening his coat. Then he pulls jungkook into his embrace, wrapping his coat around him as well.

Jungkook heart swelled. The butterflies in his stomach multiplying. He hugged Taehyung's tightly, pressing his face into his chest. He smelled so good and he was so warm.

"We should go back," taehyung said.

Jungkook shacked his head. "No~" he looked up a taehyung, resting his chin on his chest and taehyung looked at him. Jungkooks eyes were sparkly, from the tears. They were big and brown. Taehyung admired the boy.

"We didn't get not even one piece of wood~" Jungkook whined.

Taehyung chuckled lightly, "But you're cold."

"No, I'm warm," Jungkook replied, hugging taehyung tightly.

Taehyung chuckled again. And jungkook smiled.

"How are we going to collect wood like this, Jeon?"

"I don't know."

Taehyung detached himself from jungkook. And jungkook whined at the loss. Taehyung removed his coat and put it on Jungkook.

Jungkook furrowed his brows, attempting to remove it, "what about you?"

"I'm okay," taehyung took jungkooks hands. "Come. let's look for these woods fast." He said and began walking, still holding onto jungkooks hand.

They walked and walked, following the trail. Until they, figured it out.

Taehyung was teacher. A teacher!
And jungkook was a student. In college!!

Yet they couldn't bring themselves to remember to bring a cart before they left. Now how are they going to carry those woods, sticks or in other words, twigs?

Taehyung sighed. The night is getting colder and darker. Even Mother Nature seems to be asleep already.

Jungkook sighs along with taehyung. "How are we going to carry them?"

"We'll just have to get as much as we can,"Taehyung replied, picking up a dried stick and another and another.

They had picked up most of the sticks, so there wasn't many to pick. But if they kept searching, they surely will find more and so they kept walking, only having a few sticks.

They walked, not realizing the marked trees had come to an end and they still kept going. It may have felt as if they weren't walking that far, but the forest kept going.

They picked as much dry sticks as they could. And when they finally reached the limit as to how many they could hold, cold taehyung decided they should go back.

"Taehyung," Jungkook called, walking closely to taehyung but not close enough so the sticks won't scratch him.

Taehyung hummed and jungkook continued, "aren't you cold?"

"No. I'm so hot, I'm sweating," Taehyung replied, sarcastically, causing Jungkook to giggle.

"I'm warm now. We could like take turns," Jungkook suggested, feeling guilty.

"It's alright. We'll soon be back," Taehyung replied, confidently.

They kept walking in silence. A comfortable silence. Jungkook at some point wanted to hold his hand, but the sticks and the torch said otherwise.

They kept walking and walking, until they wasn't.
Taehyung and jungkook stood, eyes scrutinizing their surroundings, then they looked at each other.

There was a moment of silence, before jungkook dropped the twigs. He looked at taehyung, as if searching his eyes for an answer if what he was thinking was correct.

He saw taehyung sigh. His sticks falling as well and that's when his answer was confirmed.

Taehyung nodded. He didn't even have to voice it out. He knew what jungkook was thinking. Because what he was thinking is what Jungkook was thinking as well by the looks of their frowning faces.

"We are lost, aren't we?" Jungkook cried out.

____
Oop, they're lost:)
Love you guys! Ty for y'all support🥺
You guys are too good😭
Have a blessed day, beautiful
Love, Dee