Chapter 8

After getting the over excited red head off me. I made her sit down on the couch and i asked her "Why on earth would you think I'm not real?"

"The rumor was that the alpha found his mate and When all the girls were summoned for something I still don't understand. Let's just say.. Not everyone was appropriately... dressed.... So he chose me! Apparently... But I still had no idea why until I saw YOU!!!" She said her mood going up and down like a roller coaster.

"What's your name?" I asked.

She grinned and replied "Kerry!"

"Kerry? What did you have for breakfast?" I asked her in a worried tone.

"I had three red bulls! And four Monster energy drinks!!" She said as she jumped up and down.

"Well that explains a lot." I mutter under my breath as I chuckle.

"So! Let's hang out!" She whisper shouted at me as she clapped her hands.

*~*

Run Baby Run.
Don't ever look back.
They''ll tear us apart,
If you give them a chance.

*~*
"Damn it." I heard someone shout. And I knew who this someone was. I can't forget this voice.

Me and Kerry paused the movie we were watching and she turned to face me with wide eyes. "The alpha" she said to me as she got up and ran out of the back door.

"How many fucking times do I have to tell you dumbasses DON'T LEAVE THE DUNGEONS UNGUARDED." He shouted at his phone as he came into the living room.

I turned around and faced him with wide eyes. He threw his phone on the floor shattering it to pieces. He took a deep breath and he looked towards me.

The emotions in his eyes scared me so much. He was angry, sad, guilty and frustrated.

When I looked into his eyes. I saw a lost boy who had no idea what he's doing here.

It felt like he feels I'm the only one that can save him.

I tried to blink back the tears in my eyes threatening to fall any moment now.

I slowly got up and made my way towards him. My movements slow and he looked so confused.

As I reached him I slowly and cautiously wrapped my arms around him. My head resting on his chest. And for a moment I thought he stopped breathing.

He slowly and hesitantly wrapped his arms around me making me feel warm and safe.

He bent down and nuzzled his face into my neck as I held on to him tighter scared that he will disappear any second and he did the same to me.

We are just two broken souls destined for each other.

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

"What for?" I asked him confusion clear in my voice.

"I'm sorry but I can't be with you. You deserve so much more than me. I've done things. Things that make me who I am. A monster. I'll hurt you over and over again. It's what I do." He said.

The unshed tears were now flowing freely down my cheeks. "Tell me."

"I'm sorry" he said one last time as he pulled away from the embrace taking steps back making me feel scared and miss the feeling of his arms around me.

He turned around and dashed upstairs. Still managing to look intimidating.