Chapter 28

"Oblivion is inevitable."

*~*~*~*

"Are you scared to die?" Asked Emily making me look at her with wide eyes.

"Yes." I say.

"Were my parents scared too?" She asks.

I swear my heart broke.

"The truth is everyone is scared to die. We are scared of the unknown and that's totally normal." I say, the book I was previously reading now long forgotten.

"Then why do people kill themselves?" She asked again.

"Because, they think that death would be better than all that they have been through and are going through. Their life is full of pain and suffering as it is." I say stroking Emily's hand.

"I'm scared." She said as I got up and hugged her.

"It's okay to be." I said.

*~*~*~*

"It's not looking good but there's still hope." Said the doctor.

My hold on Raymond's hand tightened.

They said she didn't have long. But I knew that if she tried hard enough she would make it. My little girl would make it.

As soon as the doctor turned around and left.

I turned to Raymond and said "She will make it, I'm sure of it."

He just gave me a weak smile and held me close.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Emily!" A little boy shouted and came bursting into the room. He ran to the bed, climbed it with a little difficulty and then sat in front of Emily.

I watched this scene unfold with amused eyes.

"Tyler!! You came!!!" She exclaimed.

"Of course I came." He said with a proud smile.

The children chatted away with wide smiles on their faces. I just watched. It seemed creepy but it gave me peace seeing her happy.

"Hey." Raymond said as he came in and sat next to me, snapping my attention towards him. He handed me a cup of coffee.

*~*~*~*

"Tyler is so nice! He brought me flowers! See!" Said Emily shoving the 4 roses in my face.

"Yes, yes honey. I see. He's nice. If you want I can talk to his mother and he can come see you everyday!" I said.

"Yes!! I love you!" She shouted excitedly as she jumped up and down.

I went outside the room and met up with Raymond who was talking to the doctor.

"You know Tyler? The boy that came to see Emily? Can I have his mother's phone number?" I ask.

"Yeah! I'll get it for you just a second." He said typing away on his phone. "What do you need it for?"

"Emily wants Tyler to visit again." I said and he looked up at me and handed me his phone.

"Here, you can call her." He said handing me his phone with her contact already open.

I called the number and slightly smiled at Raymond, turned around and started walking around the room.

"Hello, Mrs Havisham?" I ask.

"Yes this is she. Who is this speaking?" Asked Tyler's mother.

"This is Jessica, Emily's guardian. I was wondering if you could bring your son by regularly? Emily really wants to see him!" I said.

"Yeah sure! Why not? She is a wonderful girl. So, I'll see you tomorrow?" She said.

"Yeah sure." I said.

I turned around and smiled at Raymond.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked Raymond.

He nodded and I said "I ship them."

"And us? Don't you ship us?" He asked.

"We're my OTP." I said, chuckling.

"I did ask Emily what ship means but I have no idea what 'OTP' is." He said and I burst out laughing.

_____________
So... Yeah... No cliffhanger.

By the way, it'd mean a lot if you guys went and checked out my book Southern Constellations.

As promised I will update.

I love this book and I'm not leaving or ending it anytime soon.

So how is the chapter? I know it's short but why not?

I left it where I wanted to.

But tell me how is it?

Okay then thanks for reading!

VOTE!

COMMENT!!

FAN!!!

All the love.xI