Chapter 29

"I could never hate you." -Unknown.

*~*~*

"Jessica. Hey. Listen, we need to talk." Said Raymond as he came up to me in the cafe.

"Yeah, what's up?" I said.

"It's Emily." He says sliding into the seat in front of me. "We can move her home or keep her here. I say we keep her here."

"I think we should take her home."I said.

"But it would be better to keep her here!" He exclaimed.

"Don't you think she deserves a proper comfortable environment that doesn't reek of medicine or had sick people around?" I state.

"Yeah but she has support here!" Said Raymond, the sad part was he seemed pretty angry.

"Are you telling me a team of nurses won't come to the house to take care of her?" I ask.

"Yeah they will but it's safer here!" He said.

Both of us were stubborn and wanted what was best for Emily. So, this soon turned into an argument.

"At least my sister didn't die on my watch!" He shouted, slamming his hands down on the table between us.

I jumped back and the guilt was clear in his eyes as soon as they met my glassy ones.

I stood up and stormed away, trying not to break down in front of the whole hospital, even though it was pretty much empty.

I passed a few nurses in the hallway and I heard them say "Good. They had a fight. She didn't deserve him anyway."

This made me stop dead in my tracks. I turned around and walked up to them. Attitude was clear in their posture and expressions.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? What are your names?" I said and when they stayed silent I said, in the same calm tone Raymond talks in when he's angry "What are your fucking names?"

"Jenna and Ari." Said one of the nurses.

"Well Jenna and Ari, listen and listen clearly. I am Jessica and you better start addressing me as Luna. You know that's what the mate of the alpha is don't you? Well honey, that's what I am." I said, completely disgusted.

"Are you sure? I think you're lying." Said the nurse who I assumed must be Ari.

"She isn't lying." I heard a voice behind me say. I knew it was him and I didn't even want to face him so I just walked away without even looking in his direction.

I felt his heavy footsteps thunder behind me. I can't face him right now. He had no right to say what he said and I can't believe he would ever say something like that. I felt a strong sense of betrayal.

"Jessica, Stop!" He said behind me as he grabbed my wrist and spun me around.

I ripped my hand from his grasp and started shouting at him "I can't believe you would say something like that! How fucking dare you? Do you think my sister dying in front of me is a fucking joke? Get your head out of your ass. You can't just say things and expect everyone to be okay with it! And you know what? Emily is going to die! It's going to happen! Now it's your choice if you want it to be in a stinking hospital bed or her safe, warm and comfortable room."

The image of Emily in her bed at home, lying cold and colourless on her bed, completely still with not even a breath escaping her flashed in my head. The image soon turned to the body of a dead and decaying girl on her bed. But she was so beautiful.

"That's the thing. Reports just came in. She's not gonna die. The medicines are working. She can pull through." He said, my mind finally came back to focus and I felt slightly at ease that I wouldn't have to see something so horrifying.