𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE:PHOENIX

CHAPTER THREE:
PHOENIX

DARK MAGIC WAS SOMETHING THAT Skye had always been interested in. Something she had always wanted to use, not in the sense of harm, but in the sense of being able to do things that she wouldn't be able to do with regular magic. She would be able to figure things out quicker, create healing bags seconds before the team went out on their missions. She could do so much more with dark magic, and maybe that's why she had turned to it.

She just wanted to try it. That's all. She just wanted a little taste of what it would be like to have the ability to do things she wouldn't normally be able to do. While the Avengers were out on their mission, Skye went on a mission of her own. A mission to help her friend Willow that was in desperation of wanting to be able to control whatever darkness it was that roamed inside of her. Willow was one of the kindest people Skye had ever met, in fact the female had been the first to welcome Skye to the Avengers compound.

Willow made Skye feel like she belonged. And Willow was Skye's best friend, someone who would stick her neck out for Skye no matter what would happen to her. That was the kind of person Willow was, and that was the kind of person that Skye wanted to be. And maybe helping to ease her friends mind about this power she held allowed her to do that, then Skye would do everything and anything that she could to pay Willow back for all of her kindness.

Skye sat there for hours it seemed, practicing on how to use this dark magic in helpful ways, creating healing bags for the Avengers next mission, trying to find a way to help Willow, etc. And she felt good. Knowing that she was going to have the ability to be ahead of schedule made her happy. There was only one goal in Skye's life, and that was to help the Avengers in any way that she possibly could.

The sound of heels clicking across the floor grabbed Skye's attention. Skye looked up from her notes that she had been taking, swallowing thickly when she saw who it was that was making their way towards her. Phoenix Aphrodite, daughter of Aphrodite and Ares, made her way towards Skye with a gentle smile on her face. The woman was extremely beautiful and elegant no matter what she was doing.

     "Skye." Phoenix greeted. "Care if I join you?"

     "Of course not." Skye shook her head, moving over on the couch so that Phoenix could sit beside of her. "I wouldn't mind the company." Phoenix flashed her a kind smile before taking a seat on the sofa beside of the woman. Skye looked at her for a moment before turning back to her notes. "You didn't go with the others?"

     "No." Phoenix sighed, shaking her head. "I'm only stopping by. My world has been a little hectic these past few weeks, and earth along with all of you Midgardians seem to calm me. I quite enjoy it here. It's peaceful."

     "When robots and aliens aren't trying to take over the world of course." Skye joked causing Phoenix to chuckle as she nodded her head.

     "Of course." She then shrugged her shoulders. "Sometimes its better to fight robots and aliens rather than being forced to fight your own family." Skye frowned at this, turning her head to look at Phoenix and noticed the saddened look that had fallen over her face. Immediately Skye closed her notebook, sitting it on the table as she turned her body to fully face Phoenix.

     "Want to talk about it?"

     "I wouldn't want to burden you with my personal troubles." Phoenix denied, shaking her head.

     "No, please do. I don't mind it at all. In fact, if there's a way I could help I would like to know." She nodded towards Phoenix. "We may have only talked a few handful of times, but you are still my friend, and I'm still here if you need someone to talk to."

     "Are you sure?" Phoenix hesitated. "I would talk to Thor, but I feel he wouldn't quite understand."

     "You never know." Skye shrugged. "I mean, his brother has died like seven times now and came back miraculously. He's had a lot of family drama, which you should know, seeing as you have been there for a lot of it." 

     "True." Phoenix mumbled.

     "Anyways, go on."

     Phoenix looked at the woman for a moment before nodding her head. "All of sudden my mother suddenly cares about my whereabouts. I came back home, and everything just went to hell. It's been that way for years, my brothers and sisters have mostly went away as well―︎ well those who cared about their wellbeing rather than their pride. My father is the god of war, so of course he and his good old pal Zeus decided to hate each other. It's just all too much, and I can't go back. They'd never show themselves here, so I'm just laying low until they sort of forget I exist."

     "I'm surprised you've kept your mother's name." Skye hummed, having known all about Phoenix's disputes with her mother.

     "At this point Frigga is more a mother than my own." Phoenix shook her head. "Or. . . she was." Another frown fell onto Phoenix's lips. She swallowed and shook her head. "I just brought the entire mood down, I do apologize."

     "I don't mind. The mood was already down anyways." Skye sighed, leaning back into the couch as she stared at her notebook, a hand running through her hair.

     "What are you working on?"

     "I'm trying to find a way to help Willow." Skye answered. "But every solution I manage to come up with either there's too many flaws and her powers could grow stronger or she dies. And neither of those options are allowed to qualify for me to even think about trying to use it on her. It's just a little frustrating is all."

    "I guess we both have our frustrations."

     "That we do." Skye softly sighed, her arms crossed over her chest as she shook her head. "That we do."