𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT:PLAY BY MY RULES

PLAY BY MY RULES

ENTERING THE LIGHT, THE TWO watched as the darkness disappeared as a door closed. They turned and the scene quickly changed. They were surrounded by four walls, grey and lifeless, vines hugging them and growing brighter as if draining out the life in the room. A spot light appeared in the middle of the room where a cage was. Inside of that cage sat Skye, curled into her self with her dark hair hanging over her shaking body. Her mind had literally trapped her into a cage. Sam didn't hesitate to run over to her, despite Beth's hushed calls for him to wait.

     "Skye?" He grabbed the opening of the cage, pulling only to frown when it didn't budge. It was locked. Skye was trapped inside of it, and they had no clue where the key was. "Skye? Are you alright?" Skye removed her head from her arms, looking up at Sam and slowly standing up. Except she wasn't as excited to see him as he had hoped. Instead she had her eyes narrowed, glaring dangerously at him as her hands clenched into fists out of anger. She was angry. Was she angry at him? Or was it something else?

     "Again?" Skye whispered, taking a daunting step forwards. "We're doing this game again? You won't trick me this time bitch." She came closer until she was face to face with him, the only thing in between them being the bars of the cage. She wrapped her hands around the bars, narrowing her eyes dangerously at Sam. "You've already put me in a cage. What more could you possibly want from me?" Sam didn't speak, causing her to cock her head to the side. "What is this? The silent treatment? Alright. Two can play at that game."

     "Again?" Sam asked, a frown on his face. "What the hell does that mean? How long have you been in here?"

     A laugh escaped her lips. "Really? Playing dumb now?"

    Sam glanced towards Beth and immediately the girl made her way beside of him. "Skye, it's really him. It's Sam. And Beth." She offered the girl a small smile. "We're going to get you out of here. We just need to find the key."

     Skye hesitated. Was this a trick? Were they really there? "Sam?"

     "Hey." He nodded towards her. "I told you we were going to get through this. Now, where the hell is that key so that we can get out of here."

     Skye was quick to shake her head. "You won't find it. Listen to me. You guys need to leave right now. Okay? You need to leave. Get out of my head. Before she comes back. If she sees you here she will kill you, okay? She did it to a fake version of you, I can't watch her do it to the real you. So, please, I am begging you. Leave. It's a lost battle. You know what you have to do, Sam." She was scared, Sam could tell that.

     "I'm not leaving you." Sam shook his head. "Just tell me where the key is, okay? We'll get you out of there." A shake of the room made him stop.

     "It's too late," Skye whispered, backing away from him as tears filled her eyes. "You have to go, now! She's coming."

     Beth frowned. "Who's coming?"

    Skye swallowed thickly before answering, "I am."

     The door slammed open, causing the two to snap their heads towards the noise. Out of the darkness stepped Skye. Except, it wasn't her. It was the dark magic version of her that looked absolutely terrifying. And she was completely and utterly evil simply by the amused smirk that pulled at her face. She closed the door behind her, her eyes never moving away from Beth or Sam. She clicked her tongue, "What do we have here?"

     "Damn," Sam muttered.

     "Sam Wilson and Bethany Dennings. What a sight for sore eyes!" Skye took a few steps closer. "You know, it's rude to stick your nose somewhere that it doesn't belong."

     "Stay the hell back." Sam snapped, jaw clenched as he glared.

      "Oh! Someone's got an attitude." She raised a hand. "Sit, won't you?" A chair appeared and suddenly forced the two to sit down. They tried to stand but they were unable to move. Skye glanced towards the two, making her way towards them and narrowing her eyes at them. "You're in my castle now. You have to play by my rules."

     She walked away, turning to face the real Skye and Beth was quick to grab Sam's attention. "Sam, I think I know where the key is." He followed her eye line to a chain placed around dark Skye's neck. "I don't think you're going to like where it's at." They watched as the dark magic version of Skye turned to look at them, a knowing smirk on her face as she placed a hand around the chain and pulled it free, revealing the key.

     "Looking for this?" She hummed. She waved her hand again, and this time they were able to stand up. "Well, you just going to have to take it from me first."

     The two exchanged looks before nodding towards one another in silent conversation. Sam stepped forwards, putting his hands up and shrugging his shoulders. "You want to dance? Show me your moves."

The two lunged at each other, with something hitting her and blocking her own hits just as she did the same though most of his hots were being blocked rather than actually landing. He punched, watching as she grabbed his arm before he brought his knee up and sent it into her stomach. She was caught of guard by that, and he kicked her again, the chain in his hands but before he could rip it off she was grabbing his wrist and twisting it till a snapping could be heard and a yell fell from his lips.

     "Sam!" Skye yelled his name, running to the bars and watching with tears as the evil version of her looked down at him with a smirk. "Leave him alone!" She banged her fists against the bars, desperately wishing she had a way out but her magic was no use in here. "Please!"

     "Your death will mean nothing." The dark magic version of Skye whispered as she looked down at him. Her eyes turned black and just when she was about to make the death blow, she felt the chain around her neck snap.

      "Catch!" Beth yelled, tossing the key to Skye who quickly caught it before quickly turning around and coming face to face with the other version of Skye. She narrowed her eyes before saying, "Night, night," and then she blew the pink dust into her face, sending her to the ground unconscious.

 She narrowed her eyes before saying, "Night, night," and then she blew the pink dust into her face, sending her to the ground unconscious