𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER NINE:DARK MAGIC

CHAPTER NINE:
DARK MAGIC

SPENDING TIME WITH SAM WILSON was not something that Skye thought would quickly becoming one of her favorite things. Her mind was always prioritized on her studies, making her magic better, that she never got the chance to be herself around someone else. And Sam Wilson allowed her the chance to do exactly that. He gave her a chance to look away from the printed words, he made her laugh, and he let her ramble on about the most stupidest things that were important to her. To say she was a big believer in taking care of mother nature was most definitely the understatement of the year. The man didn't think someone could go on about nature for an hour and he would actually listen to it with interest.

When he found Skye laying on one of the many couches placed throughout the facility, he couldn't help but frown at her sleeping state. She didn't look peaceful like most people did when sleeping, she looked angry, and upset, like there was something running through her head whilst she was attempting to close her eyes and rest. A book was laying open on the floor, the pages pressing into the floor, no doubt gaining creases. He walked over to the book before picking it up, hesitating for a moment when he looked at the page the open book was sitting on.

Dark Magic. His frown seemed to deepen as he started to read about this so called Dark Magic. He was going to be honest, it seemed like this form of magic was a lot more helpful than regular magic. It helped a witch do things a whole lot easier, and it also gave them more powerful. What the book did not say was what the downsides of containing this dark magic was, but it was simply all in the name, and that's why Sam knew that it was bad. And suddenly he realized how Skye was managing to keep a constant supplies of healing bags for the Avengers.

He looked down at the sleeping woman, and decided against waking her up. Instead, her carefully closed the book in his hand and placed it on the table. However, the simple gesture made Skye jump awake. She sat up quickly, looking around before finding Sam standing there, sighing as he looked at the girl. She took a moment to look around herself, before realizing that she had in fact fell asleep whilst reading. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes, running a hand through her hair.

     "I was trying not to wake you." Sam pointed out.

     Skye shook her head, allowing a yawn to fall from her lips before replying to him. "It's okay. I needed to wake up anyways. I don't. . . even remember falling asleep. Nor do I remember sitting on this couch. Moral of the story is, I'm just a tad bit sleep deprived."

     "The dark circles under your eyes wasn't enough for me to know that." Sam joked, earning an amused smile from the Reva girl. Skye softly sighed as she stood up, placing her hands on her hips as she furrowed her eyebrows for a moment, losing herself in her train of thought before bringing herself back and looking at Sam who was looking at her with a raised eyebrow. "You alright?"

     "Yeah." Skye nodded her head. "Just thinking, that's all."

     Sam looked at her for a moment before stuffing his hands in his pockets and nodding. He paused, glancing down towards the book he had placed on the table before looking back at Skye with curiosity. "Can I ask you something? I mean, it isn't really any of my business."

     "What's up?"

     Sam grabbed the book before opening it to the page that it had been on before he closed it. He handed the book to her. "When I picked that up from the floor, that was the page that it was left on. I'm not a witch, so I may be wrong, but whatever that dark magic is, it sounds dangerous. You're not. . .?"

     "No." Skye lied, shaking her head. "I'm not. I know better." She didn't want Sam to worry about her, because in her opinion there was nothing to worry about. Skye was fine. Her magic was fine. Everything that she was doing, she was doing it in order to help the Avengers, and that was what was plastered in her mind. Skye didn't know the effects, if she was being honest. The side effects were not something she was worried about. She was worried about making sure the Avengers knew that she wanted to help, even if she wasn't one of the people that went out on the field.

Skye would do anything to help the Avengers. It was something that she dedicated her life to. It was the reason she was trying to help Willow Michaels find a cure to the darkness that had attached itself to her at such a young age. Skye would stop at nothing until she found out how to help her friends, how to help the people that welcomed her with open arms even though she didn't give them any advantage on fighting―︎ minus the healing bags that she created for them.

     "Listen, I'm going to go find Willow." Skye told the man. "Don't worry about me, alright? I know what I'm doing." Sam looked at her before nodding his head. "I'll see you later." And then she walked away, leaving him to stand there with nothing but worry coursing through his veins.

" And then she walked away, leaving him to stand there with nothing but worry coursing through his veins