𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE:AN ANCHOR

AN ANCHOR

HE KNEW HOW TO HELP. He had sat there in that room, thinking over Steve's words for what felt like hours before he found himself jumping up from his seat and practically running down the hallway. He had to get his facts straight first. He had to make sure that he wasn't spreading false hope, and that his words were true. He ran to his rooms, the stacks of books he had read before sitting their patiently to be opened once more. He looked through them, triple checking himself as he used his laptop to search up what he needed.

"You need an anchor." Sam looked at Skye, watching the woman jump at the sudden sound of his voice. "Sorry," he apologized. She closed her book, folding her legs and nodding for him to sit down on the couch. He did so, turning his body to face her and watching as her eyes looked at him curiously. Maybe what he was saying sounded crazy to her, but it seemed reasonable to him. He had to believe that this was the solution. That this was there shot to keep Skye from the fate that doomed her.

"An anchor?" Skye hummed, and she couldn't help her curiosity which always got the best of her. It was her curiosity that got her in this situation in the first place. She knew that was something that she needed to get control of, along with the temptations of wanting to do dark magic every time she opened a spell book. Hell, every time she opened her eyes the temptation was itching through her veins, and that part of her that was succumbing to the darkness was closer and closer to breaking free every time she thought about it. It scared her, knowing there was this other thing inside of her that had the desire to kill and destroy.

Sam nodded his head, the hope he had for this idea growing more and more. Maybe this could work. Maybe this would help her. He opened his mouth, ready to explain to her what it was that he had discovered when he saw it. He saw it right before his eyes as Skye became someone else. He watched her freeze, he watched as the black veins rippled beneath her skin, appearing and disappearing until they reached her wrists, crawling up the veins of her neck, taking over her body until her gorgeous brown eyes changed pitch black. He sat up straighter, aware of what was happening.

"Skye?" He cautiously questioned. For a second, she didn't answer. And then he watched as the corner of her lips pulled up into a smirk, turning her head to look at Sam who was quick to stand up. He needed to run, he needed to alert the team of what was happening, but before he could even turn to do so, she held out her hand, not a single word falling from her mouth, just pure dark power resonating from her as she stood up and watched him struggle. She was enjoying it, and it made the man clench his jaw.

"What are you doing to her?" He questioned, his voice dangerously low has he glared at this darker version of the woman he cared for. The woman he loved. It was like there was a parasite attached to her, one that refused to leave, and it was starting to piss Sam off.

Skye smirked. "Making her more interesting. God, do you know what she does all day? She sits in her room and reads. That's it. She reads story after story, and it's so exhausting. And the magic that she does do―︎or used to rather―︎was so light and fluffy. And then, she found me. The dark magic. And damn, I must say, it feels good to have so much power. No one can stop what I'm becoming. I won't let you." And then she was throwing her hand forwards, sending Sam flying backwards and slamming into the wall.

A grunt fell from his lips as he pushed himself up from the floor. Skye stalked towards him, ready to strike again when suddenly Wanda appeared behind her, hands quick to go to Skye's temple, shooting her chaos magic into her head, and watching as she fell to the ground in an unconscious heap. The black pulsed in Skye's veins for a moment, almost as if it were fighting to stay alive before it pulsed one last time and then faded.

Wanda stood there for a moment, a sigh leaving her lips before she made her way over to Sam, holding out a hand for him to grab and pulling him up from the floor. Wanda watched as Sam glanced towards Skye before turning back towards Wanda in silent question. The woman shrugged her shoulders. "She's not the only one that has magic." She watched Sam make his way over to Skye, kneeling down before her and pushing her dark hair from her face.

"I've been talking to the others." Wanda admitted, watching with curious eyes as Sam interacted with the unconscious woman. "And to Beth." This grabbed his attention. "And. . . as much as I don't want her to do this, I can't control Beth's actions, and she's determined to help. However, I had to make sure Skye didn't do anything to her whilst she was inside, so I've opted to help Beth."

Sam stood up. "How?"

"Well, step one's already complete." Wanda nodded towards Skye. "Step two involves Beth entering her mind. And you falling asleep so that you can go with her. Which means I have to do to you what I just did with her."

Sam crossed his arms over his chest as he stood up, narrowing his eyes slightly as he looked at the woman that held chaos magic. He cocked his head slightly. "And what exactly did you do to her?"

Wanda shrugged again before saying, "I showed her her worst nightmare."

"