𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:AN INCIDENT

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
AN INCIDENT

SHE HAD BLACKED OUT. AND when she came to, she was laying in her bed, without any understanding of how the hell she had gotten there. Skye looked around her room, sitting up and allowing for her vision to focus before she went up to push her hair from her face only to stop when she saw dried red blood coating her hands. She froze, her eyes widening as she felt her hands start to shake. The longer that she looked at them, the more she shook and the more her heartbeat rose in her chest. She swallowed thickly, quick to throw the blankets from her body as she entered her bathroom.

There was blood all over her. Some pain splattered, other parts covered in long streaks. And she wasn't sure if it was her blood or someone else's. Tears started to fill her eyes before she was quick to strip her clothes off. She jumped into the shower, scrubbing the blood from her body until the water turned clear to ruby red. She scrubbed until her skin was raw, until every single drop of blood was gone from her body. She scrubbed her head, surprise to find red spilling from her black hair.

She didn't understand what the hell had happened. She had no memory of the last twenty-four hours. And she was trying so hard to remember, pressing her hands to her temple as if it would magically make the memories reappear, but to no avail. The water was turned off, and she watched the blood colored water until all of it when down the drain, erasing any trace of blood that had ever been on her body. She stepped out, wrapping a navy green towel around her body. That's when her eyes focused on the blood stained clothes laying on the floor.

She narrowed her eyes, swallowing thickly before she simply held out her hand, before watching as the clothes were set on fire. And she let them burn, burning the trace of anything that had happened the night prior. She walked back into her room, grabbing some clothes and pulling them over her body. With a snap of her finger her hair was dried and the little make up she wore was on her face. A knock came at her door, and immediately her heart rate spiked. The smell of smoke filled her room as the clothes continued to burn.

"Just a second!" She yelled, quick to run back into the bathroom and putting the fire out. She was quick to light some candles in hopes of getting rid of the burnt smell that roamed in her room. She cleared her throat, forcing herself to take a deep breath before calmly making her way towards her door. She pulled it open, surprised to find Sam standing there. "Sam," she greeted.

"Skye." He nodded towards her before pausing for a second. His eyebrows furrowed for a moment before he asked, "Is something. . . burning?"

She nodded, sending him a small smile as she lied straight through her teeth. "Yeah. An accident with my magic happened earlier. I tried to get rid of the smell by lighting the candles, but uh, clearly it didn't work." She gave a small chuckle.

He hummed. That's when a frown fell on his lips, making Skye frown in response. She cocked her head slightly, asking him a silent question. A sigh left his lips as he tucked his hands in his pockets. "Steve has asked all of us to meet. He says something's happened. Don't know the details yet."

Skye frowned before nodding her head. "Alright." She closed her door before quickly following after Sam, allowing for him to lead her to the room in which everyone was meeting. The first thing she noticed was the absence of two people. Her best friend, and her best friend's girlfriend. She took a seat beside of Wanda, Sam taking his place beside her. Once everyone was in, Steve started to speak.

"There was an incident that took place last night." Steve started, his jaw set as he tried to keep the anger from his voice along with how upset he truly was. "One of our own, Willow Michaels, has been placed in emergency surgery."

"What?" Skye whispered in disbelief, snapping her head towards Sam. "Why didn't you tell me?"

However, he didn't answer, and instead she turned her head to look back towards Steve. "She was attacked last night, and giving that we all know what Willow is capable of, then that should tell us what kind of danger we're in. The dark part within Willow wasn't even capable enough to heal her. Not only that, but three S.H.I.E.L.D. agents have been killed. We checked security, and it seems that all evidence of this ever taken place has been completely erased."

"There's no way a killer like that could've gotten past us without at least one of us knowing." Eloise spoke up. "We're all trained to know a killer. I was here all night and not once did I see someone that looked to have such a capability glinting in their eyes."

"Maybe they're more professional than we're trained to know." Wanda suggested.

"More professional than a Red Room and Murder House assassin?" Avery asked with a scoff, her arms crossed over her chest. "This guy got past both Liliya Petrova and Natasha fuckin' Romanoff."

"What are you suggesting?" Clint asked his daughter.

Avery shrugged her shoulders. "I'm saying that whoever did this is someone we know, or someone that works within this building. It can be a coincidence that they got past all of our best people. Whoever did this, it has to be someone that we all trust."

"Let's not go pointing fingers." Steve warned, holding up a hand. "I want someone at Willow's room 24/7, just to be sure this person doesn't come back to finish the job. Avery, do you think you can talk Calliope into coming up here and trying to get that footage back for us?"

"As long as she isn't with MJ, I'm sure she'll agree." Avery nodded.

"Good." Steve nodded. "Everyone needs to stay alert. If you see something, do what you have to do to take this guy down. I won't let another one of ours get hurt." With that he nodded his head as a dismisal.

" With that he nodded his head as a dismisal