𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE:PART OF MY NATURE

CHAPTER FIVE:
PART OF MY NATURE

SKYE SAT THERE IN HER room the next morning, flipping through a book that talked about dark magic, and reading all about the pros and cons. She hummed to herself, cocking an eyebrow before placing the book back on her book shelf. She stood there for a moment, looking around her room as she ran a hand through her hair before taking a second to realize how dirty her room actually was. She scrunched her nose up in slight disgust before going to make up her bed only to stop as a curious thought filled her head.

She held up her hands slightly before watching as her bed started being made without her touching it. She smiled in satisfaction before a knock came on her door. She nodded to herself before turning on her heel and walking over to her door, pulling it open and smiling at Eloise as she stood there before her smile faltered slightly when she remembered why the woman was standing there. Skye cleared her throat, pushing hair from her shoulders and tapping her nails against the door.

"Listen, I don't feel good―︎"

Eloise laughed. "Oh, please. Don't tell me you're making excuses to not introduce yourself to Sam." Skye pinched her lips together and Eloise laughed in amusement. "Well, we're getting lunch first anyways, so you'll have an extra thirty minutes to freak out."

"Extra thirty minutes." Skye mumbled, she nodded a few times before firmly nodding and turning around to grab her coat, pulling it over her shoulders and closing the door behind her. "Lunch it is." The two made their way through the Avengers facility, stopping when they made it to the cafeteria.

"You know what, we should eat out." Skye quickly turned towards Eloise. The woman cocked an eyebrow at her before looking over Skye's shoulder and smirking. Skye narrowed her eyes at the woman. "Why are you smirking? I don't like it when you do that. It makes you look like you're planning something evil."

"Evil? No." Eloise shook her head, glancing towards Skye before looking back over her shoulder. "Am I about to be highly amused? Yes, yes I am."

"What? Why? Why are you about to be amused? Eloise?"

"Ellie, how are you?" The voice of Sam Wilson appeared behind her, and immediately her eyes widened. Eloise snickered to herself as she looked towards the man, the smile not once falling from her face.

"I'm good, Sam." Eloise nodded. She glanced towards Skye, who was glaring at Eloise, causing the woman's smile to widen before she looked back towards Sam. "Sam, I don't know if you two've met, but this is my friend Skye Reva." Skye closed her eyes and sighed before turning around and putting a smile on her face.

"I have not had the pleasure." Sam noted, looking towards the girl before offering Skye a smile. He held out his hand, "Sam."

Skye looked at him for a moment before clearing her throat and quickly reaching out her hand and shaking his. "Uh, Skye. But. . . you already knew that." She pulled her hand away and felt her cheeks start to heat up in embarrassment. She glanced towards Eloise, silently telling the woman to save her.

"Alright, well, we are about to head out." Eloise spoke, clapping her hands together, making the two turn to look at her. "Sam, I'll see you this afternoon for training."

"Until then," He nodded. He looked towards Skye before saying, "It was nice to meet you." And then he walked away. Skye watched him leave before Eloise grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the building, away from everyone before she started into a fit of laughter. Skye stood there with her arms crossed over her chest and annoyed look on her face, waiting for Eloise to catch her breath.

The woman shook her head, still snickering as she spoke. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She cleared her throat. "But that was the most awkward interaction I've ever witnessed in my entire life, and I almost regret witnessing it." Skye groaned and covered her face with her hands.

"You said, an extra thirty minutes!" Skye hissed. "I was not prepared!"

"It's not my fault he walked up to us!" Eloise responded, putting her hands up in defense. "I swear, my plan was to give you an extra thirty minutes, but I saw an opportunity, and I took it." Eloise shrugged her shoulders. Skye clicked her tongue and nodded her head.

"I was having a mid life crisis during that entire introduction!" Skye groaned, turning to walk forward. Eloise was quick to follow the woman.

"You face changed like three different shades all at the same time."

"I'm so glad you enjoyed my moment of panic."

"I'm sorry, it's part of my nature." Eloise sighed, a frown suddenly falling on her face. "Something HYDRA did to alter my brain activity." Skye glanced towards her, furrowing her eyebrows. Eloise shook her head and scoffed. "You know, I used to be like Theodora. Quiet, closed off, but I still found it in myself to push people out of awkward situations like the one I just witnessed. I find myself enjoying people's pain, and embarrassment, and once I realize I'm enjoying it, I feel so inhuman."

"El, it's not a big deal. I mean, that introduction would have probably went the exact same with or without you there. And, luckily you were there, because you saved my ass from standing there like an idiot, and embarrassing myself even further. You probably just saved a friendship." She nudged Eloise and smiled at her. Eloise looked at her before smiling back.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to go all dark and depressing."

"Well, dark and depressing is half my life, so I don't mind." Skye shrugged her shoulders. "I'm always here if you need someone to talk to."

"Thanks." Eloise softly whispered.

"Now, I don't know about you, but I am absolutely starving." Skye hummed, hooking her arm with Eloise's. "And I'm sorry, but your punishment for laughing at me, is that I get to choose the restaurant." Eloise scoffed in mock disbelief and Skye only smirked before dragging the woman to her car, and driving off towards the restaurant of Skye's choice.

" Eloise scoffed in mock disbelief and Skye only smirked before dragging the woman to her car, and driving off towards the restaurant of Skye's choice