𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:ADMIT IT

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
ADMIT IT

SHE HATED LYING, SHE ALWAYS has. Skye has never been good at lying, and she knew that for a fact. So, why did she find it so easy to lie now? It's like everything that had originally been hard for her to do, came to her as easy as counting. And even so, Skye could find herself believing that it was simply because of her magic. She refused to believe that what she was doing was doing her more harm than it was good. She didn't realize the dangerous road that she had placed herself upon, the road in which would inevitably lead to her death if she wasn't stopped.

Pursing her lips, Skye sat there in her room, one of her spell books placed in her hands. She cocked her head slightly, narrowing her eyes as she read about some of the more darker spells, darker spells that could help to heal quicker, and easier. She couldn't find it in herself to see the cons of using dark magic, something in her wouldn't let her realize the truth of what it was that she was doing herself. And within that denial, she remembered what it was that Willow had done.

Willow had went behind her back, talked to Beth and convinced the woman to enter Skye's head, which was dangerous as it was. Skye didn't know how it was inside of her head now that she had been using dark magic, but she had a feeling that it was a lot more dangerous now. She ran a hand through her dark locks, a sigh falling from her lips as she shook her head, closing her book before she started making more healing bags for the Avenger's to use. That's what she did the rest of her night, sleep not once coming over her. Sleep seemed to be something she hadn't been doing a lot of lately.

When the sun started peeking through the blinds, that's when she finally decided to rest, laying down until ten o'clock came around before she was awoken by something unknown to her. A tried yawn fell from her lips as she slowly sat up in the bed, huffing as she started to rub the sleep from her eyes. She ran a hand through her hair, attempting to unknot it before clenching her jaw in annoyance as she finally decided to grab a hair brush and brush through it. When she was up and dressed, she grabbed the bags she had made the night before and made her way out of the room.

She offered a small smile to any agents that she passed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she adjusted the bags in her hand. She walked down the halls, looking back and forth before she found her movements slowing down. Sam stood there with Natasha, his arms crossed over his chest as he talked to the red haired assassin before he glanced down the hall, his words slowing as he caught Skye's eyes. Natasha looked at the woman too before cocking an eyebrow as she looked between the two, watching as Skye was quick to clear her throat before continuing down the hallway. Sam was quick to apologize to Natasha, telling her he'd be right back before he chased down after her.

     "Skye!" Sam called. Skye clenched her jaw, her eyes closing as she decided against making him chase her. He slowly jogged up to her, slowing down as he made it beside of her, watching as she started walking again.

     "Can I help you?" Skye asked him, her voice sharp.

     Immediately he knew that she was upset with him, and he knew that she knew what it was that he and Willow had done. He felt bad about it, he really did, and he was the one that had told Willow it wasn't the best idea, but either way he was still apart of it. "Look, I'm sorry. What we did was wrong, alright? It was. And I understand why you're upset, I just wanted to apologize to you, because you didn't deserve that."

     Skye swallowed thickly as she shook her head, a sigh falling from her lips as she felt the anger dissipate from her body and understanding replaced it. "I know why you and Willow did it, I do. But Sam, you've got to trust me on this, alright? I know what I'm doing. So, let me do it. And if something happens to me. . . then I'm at fault. Because all you guys did was try to help me, and I could never be mad at you for that."

     "So, you admit it?" Sam asked.

     She turned her head to look at him, her dark eyes meeting his before she reluctantly nodded her head head. "Yeah. I admit it." He didn't say anything else as he watched her walk away from him, a deep frown falling on his lips. But he knew that he couldn't do anything, because it was her life. And he couldn't control what she did and didn't do. And if she had to fall in order to rise again, then there wasn't a single doubt in Sam's mind that he would be there every step of the way in order to help her.

And maybe that's why Skye had allowed the truth to slip. Maybe she had told Sam that she was doing dark magic, because she knew that if she did in fact fall, Sam would be there for her, because that's the kind of person that he was. He wouldn't let her be alone, and that's why when she walked away from him, she had a sad smile on her face.

 He wouldn't let her be alone, and that's why when she walked away from him, she had a sad smile on her face