𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER THIRTY:I'M SORRY

CHAPTER THIRTY:
I'M SORRY

SHE AWOKE WITH A GASP. Sitting up straight, she glanced around herself, her eyes wide as she took in the scene. Wanda was standing there, her palms raised and surrounding with her chaos magic, ready to take down Skye if she did anything even close to out of line. Skye was quick to raise her hands in surrendered, meeting Wanda's eyes and watching as the woman analyzed her. It took her a moment, but finally Wanda lowered her hands and Skye released a shaky breath. Skye turned to look at Beth and Sam, seeing the two had yet to wake up which worried her.

"They're not up yet?" Skye frowned, moving to stand up only to stop when Rosalynn placed a hand on her shoulder, forcing her to lay back down as she checked her vitals to make sure that she was alright. "Is that a bad thing? Does that mean that something's wrong? They're not still trapped inside my head are they? Please tell me they're not." She looked away from the two still unconscious people in order to turn her head back towards Wanda, fear swirling in her stomach. They were okay, right? They had to be.

Wanda nodded. "They're alright." She carefully started to walk over towards Sam and Beth, stopping right in front of them before turning her head to look at Skye once again. "I just wanted to make sure that you were you before I brought them back. I didn't want them to witness your death if it hadn't been you." She let the red surround her hands again, chaos entering both Sam and Beth's heads before pulling it out and watching as the two both quickly sat up at the same time, both taking a moment to blink at the sudden brightness of the room.

When Rosalynn was done checking her vitals, Skye was quick to stand up, making her way over to Sam whilst Wanda sat there beside her girlfriend to make sure that she was okay. Sam turned to look at her and immediately his heart warmed at the sight. All that he could think about was the fact that she was okay. That she was standing there in front of him, worry on her face as she looked at him to make sure he was alright. He couldn't help the smile that fell on his face as she quickly wrapped her arms around him.

Sam didn't hesitate to hug her back listening as she whispered words into his ear. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I should've listened to you. I shouldn't have touched dark magic. I'm sorry I put you in that position. I'm sorry for almost killing you. I'm sorry." She held onto him a little tighter, pressing her face into the crook of his neck. So much regret and guilt filled her, remembering everything that she had done just because she wanted to make her life a little bit more easier. It was easy to say that she was going to take the harder routes from now on.

"No don't apologize." Sam shook his head, gently pulling her away from him. He pushed the hair from her face, looking into her eyes and saying so sincerely she had no choice to believe it. "That wasn't you. That was the dark magic. All that matters now is that you're okay. You're you. That's all that I need." They stared at one another with tears lining Skye's eyes before she leaned forwards and pressed a kiss to his lips. Sam didn't hesitate to kiss her back, his shoulders relaxing knowing that she was safe and in his arms.

It was a few days later. Skye stood there in front of her bookshelf, running a finger along all of her magic based books, reading the titles before pulling out certain books and reading the contents inside before turning and tossing it in the box that she had sat in the middle of her floor. Another box was placed beside it, already filled with as many books as she could put in there. She didn't realize that she had so many books filled with dark magic until actually taking the time to go through them.

A knock came at the door, causing her to stop what she was doing. She placed the book in her hands back onto the shelf before stepping around the boxes and making her way over towards the door. She pulled the door open, a smile immediately falling on her face when she saw who it was. She greeted Sam and stepped to the side, allowing for the man to enter the room before closing the door behind him. Skye made her way back over to her bookshelf, gently squeezing Sam's hand as he passed by him. She picked the book back up she had been looking at before before tossing it into the box.

"Two boxes?" Sam questioned with raised eyebrows, walking over towards the boxes and placing his hands on his hips as he looked down at them. "Damn, I didn't know that you had that many books filled with dark magic."

"I didn't even know I had that many books filled with magic in general." Skye answered, tossing another one into the box, but instead of making it she missed and ended up accidentally hitting Sam with it. She bit back her laugh before shaking her head. "My bad."

"Do I look like a box to you?" Sam joked, earning a laugh from the woman as he bent down and put the book into its rightful place. After a few more minutes she managed to get rid of all of the books she no longer needed before grabbing one box as Sam carried the other. They made their way outside, walking a little ways from the Avengers compound before setting the box down.

"Goodbye life ruiner." Skye mumbled before holding out a hand. "Incendia." The boxes lit on fire, the books inside quickly started to catch the flames and burn. The two stood there hand in hand and Skye couldn't help but take a breath of fresh air. She was free. She was finally free.

 She was finally free