Be careful

The day went by okay, I guess. I didn't see Billy again, which was good. Steve came over to me at lunch and gave me Cheetos, which totally made my day. I told Jonathan what happened at English and he told me that Billy was an asshole and blah blah blah, yeah, like I didn't know that already.

Steve, Nancy and I were walking towards our cars when we saw Billy leaning against his car, looking over at us. His eyes met mine and he did a little wave with his stupid smirk. I rolled my eyes at his behavior which made him laugh at me.

"You should stay away from him." Steve told me as we reached my car.

"Believe me, I would, but how the hell am I supposed to do that when we're in a pair work together?" I asked him.

"You're paired up with him?" Nancy asked as she looked over at Billy who was still looking at us. Creep.

"Yup. And we have a report to do like now, so I gotta go over there and talk to him about it." I said looking at him.

"Be careful." Steve said making me look at him confused. "He's your type." Steve explained. That's true, I've always had a thing for the mysterious bad boy, so I guess he fits that category. Which is why I have to hate him. If we had something it would not end well, I just know it. With guys like him it never does, which is why I am currently single, in case you were wondering. What I don't want in a guy is exactly what attracts me in the first place. Complicated, I know.

"Don't you think I know that?" I sigh. "I'll see you guys later." I said walking towards the blue Camaro.

"Hello there, princess. Or should I say queen? You know, you're quite the sensation here in Hawkins High." He smirked at me.

"Yeah, I know. Don't cream your pants." I said winking at him, just to confuse him a little bit. I knew I succeeded as soon as I saw his shocked expression. Unfortunately, it only lasted for a second until he was back to his cocky one. Asshat.

"So, what does the Queen, want to talk about?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Why do you think? Do you have short memory loss or something?" I asked him, rolling my eyes.

"No, princess. I just like messing with you." He said winking at me.

"Are you free right now?" I asked him, internally scolding myself.

"Why? Are you gonna ask me out?" He asked teasingly, making me scoff.

"You wish, Cali boy. I was asking because I wanna get the work done, and I have somewhere to be by 5." I told him.

"Where do you have to go? Going a date?" He asked me, trying to push my buttons.

"It's none of your business, Hargrove. Don't be so nosy. My personal life doesn't concern you." I told him, poking his chest.

"You're hot when you're mad." He said pinching the tip of my nose. I swear this dude is making me lose my shit.

"Then I'm about to become the hottest girl you've seen, if you keep it up." I said glaring at him.

"Is that a promise?" He asked me, raising his eyebrows.

"Fuck this, I'm done. I'll just call you later and tell you what you have to do." I said before turning around. As I was going to start walking away, he grabbed my wrist, turning me back to him. It was gentle though.

"Okay, okay. Yes, I am free right now. Where do you wanna do the report?" He asked with no humor in his voice, which surprised me.

"Your house, maybe?" I asked him. I did not want him in my house. What if he was some kind of psychopath and wanted to kill me in my sleep? I know I could take him with my powers, but I would much rather not have to deal with that. Or let the new Hawkins bad boy inside my bedroom on his first day, for that matter.