Grease

I got to Hopper's and did our special knock on the door. A few seconds later, the door opened. I walked inside and saw El sitting on the couch watching tv.

"What a great reception. Seriously, I'm touched." I said as I was closing the door.

"Mavis?!" She said turning around to face me. As soon that she saw that it was me and not Hopper, she came running to hug me. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, El." I said hugging her back. "Where's Hop?" I asked her.

"Late." She said sadly.

"Oh. Well don't worry about it! I'm here now, so let's go have some fun!" I said and her face lit up. She grabbed me by the hand and took me to the couch.

"Movie?" She asked me.

"Can we watch Grease?" I asked her, making puppy eyes.

"Again?" She asked me with a bored look.

"You say that as if you don't like it." I said smiling at her.

"Fine." She said rolling her eyes. I was going to put the movie anyway, and I think she knew that. "How is he?" She asked me before I put the tape in.

"He's alright, I guess. He misses you. They all do." I said and she nodded her head. "It's only for a little while longer, okay? I bet that you'll be able to see Mike and the boys soon." I said trying to reassure her and she nodded again.

Truth to be told, I had no idea when she would be able to see Mike and boys again. I knew that Hopper was talking to a few people to make it quicker, but I had no clue exactly when that would be. It broke my heart to see them sad every time they were mentioned to each other, but there was nothing else I could do except trust Hopper. It was for her own safety.

I put on the Grease tape that I brought and laid back on the couch with El, singing the songs that we already knew by heart.

"You better shape up, cause I need a man
And my heart is set on you (and my heart is set on you)
You better shape up
You better understand, to my heart it must be true
(Nothing left, nothing left for me to do)
You're the one that I want (you are the one for) ooh, ooh, ooh, honey
The one that I need (you are the one for), ooh, ooh, ooh, honey
The one I need, oh yes indeed"

We were singing and dancing on the couch, for the second time in a row, when Hopper came in. He stood there watching until he started laughing at us. We immediately stopped singing and looked at him.

"You're late. Again." Eleven said sitting down on the couch.

"Sorry kid, I got held up at work." He said coming near us.

"Hey, Hop." I said hugging him.

"Hey, older kid." I said kissing my head before chuckling at his own joke. "Do you want to have dinner here?" He asked me.

"Oh no, it's fine. My mom is probably expecting me anyway." I told him and he nodded.

I walked up to Eleven and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I asked her and she only nodded, once again. I gave her a mini hug and kissed her head, before walking up to Hopper once again.

"I don't know if I'm going to be able to come here tomorrow, but I'll definitely come after that." I informed him.

"Alright. Just behave yourself tomorrow night, okay?" He said giving me a stern look.

"No promises, chief ." I sang before giving him a light hug, making him laugh.

"See you, Mavis." He said before I walked out of the house.

"What are you going to dress up as tomorrow night?" I asked Steve as we spoke on the phone.

"Nancy and I are going as Joel and Lana from Risky Business." Steve told me.

"Of course, you are. Nancy convinced you, I assume?" I asked him.

"Actually, it didn't take much convincing. I watched that movie an awful number of times now and it's pretty dope." Steve said.

"What you want to say is: Tom Cruise is dope." I said laughing.

"Yeah, that too." He said, laughing as well.

"He's not my cup of tea if I'm being honest. Harrison Ford is more like it. Or John Travolta." I said smiling.

"Only because of your current obsession with Star Wars, and your undying love for Grease." He huffed on the phone.

"That too. The movies are so awesome, what do you want me to do? I just love the vibe from Grease. And about Star Wars, I just wish they made movies where we saw Darth Vader becoming Darth Vader, you know? I wanna know everything that went down." I said imagining how cool those movies could be.

"Okay, that's actually a pretty cool idea." Steve admitted.

"Oh! What if I went as Princess Leia? Or should I go as something basic, like a sexy vampire or something?" I asked him.

"I like the two. Honestly, if you wanna go as Leia you need to buy the right dress, but I do think the vampire is a safer choice." Steve said.

"Okay, I'll see what I'll choose later." I told him.

"Yeah, do that. Also, how did it go with Hargrove?" He asked me.

"He surprised me. He was able to be decent, did his work and even sang Crocodile Rock with me." I informed him.

"Oh no." He said before taking a deep breath. "Mav, you need to stay away from him, get it? Not sympathize with him just because he was somewhat nice and sang a stupid song with you." Steve said. He was right, and I had to remember. Billy is trouble and I should keep my distance. How hard can it be?

"I gotta go now. Nancy and I are going to have dinner with Barb's parents." He told me.

"Shit, that's today?!" I asked him surprised.

"Yeah, it is. I'm doing this for Nancy, you know? She really wants to go, and I can't leave her alone." Steve said.

"Yeah, I get it. Well good luck, then!" I said trying to sound cheerful.

"Bye!" He said hanging up.

----------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for this filler chapter, I just wanted to show a bit of Mavis's relationship with Eleven and Hopper. Billy will show up on the next chapter, don't worry ;)