Steve's prank

It is now Halloween. I decided to go with the vampire option for the party. I thought it'd be more fitting.

Until then, I still had school.

"DUSTIN ARE YOU READY?!" I yelled from the kitchen, finishing my apple.

"Yes I am." He said running to the kitchen in his ghostbuster costume.

"Oh my. Are you going like that to school?" I asked him, almost chocking on my last piece of my apple. Don't get me wrong, the costume was pretty cool, just not for school.

"Yes! Why, you don't like it?" He asked me worriedly.

"I do! It's just that... are you sure people are going to wear costumes?" I asked him.

"Everyone wore them last year!" He exclaimed.

"Alright, just don't say I didn't warn you." I said throwing the apple's core to the trash.

"Leave your brother alone, Mavis!" My mom said, walking up to us with a camera. "I think he looks cute." She said, making Dustin look at me with a suck-it look.

Dustin then started to pose while my mom started to take pictures of him. I sat down on the couch next to Mews.

"Oh, I want to see those pearls!" My mom said, taking another picture. Dustin smiled, showing his pearls, making my mom cheer.

"Oh my god." I groaned rolling my eyes, earning a meow from Mews. "I get you, girl. I totally get you." I said petting her.

"Who you gonna call?" My mom asked before starting to sing the Ghostbusters song.

Times like this really make me regret no staying with Hopper, but he already has a handful with El, I would definitely not help that situation.

"Are you done or what?" I asked Dustin annoyed.

"Yeah, yeah, but I'm gonna ride to school today." He told me.

"You could've told me that earlier." I said rolling my eyes. I picked my bag and my keys and walked towards the door. "See you later, mom. And Dustin, try not to get yourself killed, okay?" I said teasingly, making my mom hit arm lightly and Dustin to laugh, which then made me laugh.

"Don't say that, Mavis!" I heard her say before I closed the door.

I drove to the school blasting The Beatles, cause why not?

I got to school and parked my car on my usual spot. I unbuckled my seatbelt, laid back and closed my eyes enjoying the calmness. That calmness was quickly ruined by a knock on my door that scared me.

"Fucking hell!" I screamed as I calm myself down. I look at the person who knocked and glare at him, stepping out of the car with my bag. "Are you insane?" I asked loudly.

"You should've seen your face!" He said laughing hysterically.

"Do you have a death wish?!" I whisper-yell at him. "You know damn well I could've hurt you, Steve!"

"It would be worth it. That look on your face was priceless." He said with his laughter dying out.

"Whatever. Asshole." I said hitting his shoulder. Hard. "You know what that was for." I said winking at him. Suddenly a great idea came up to this little brilliant head of mine.

"Oh no. I know that face. What are you up to?" Steve asked me worriedly.

He took one step forward and with a slight movement of my head, he fell on the mud next to us. Thankfully his hair was still clean, but his clothes on the other hand... I wasn't too worried because I knew that Steve always had another set of clothes in his locker just in case.

I started laughing my ass and he stood up glaring at me. Before he could say anything else I ran away from him.

"MAVIS!" I heard him call for me, trying to catch up to me.

As I was running to my locker, I saw Billy looking at me with a curious face.

"Hey! What's going on?" Jonathan asked me as I reached my locker laughing.

"Hide me!" I said using him as a human shield.

"What- From who?" He asked me clearly confused.

"MAVIS!" Steve called as soon as he walked inside.

"Him!" I said opening my locker and taking out the one book that I was going to need, before quickly closing it.

"What did you do?" Jonathan asked me, smiling.

"He started it!" I said pointing at Steve who was full of mud.

"Jonathan. Move." Steve said coldly, still trying to catch up his breath.

"What did you do to her?" Jonathan asked him, fighting a smile.

"I only knocked on the window of her car!" Steve exclaimed pointing at me.

"Just because you wanted to scare me! You knew damn well I was resting my eyes!" I exclaimed back.

"Jonathan..." Steve taunted, but Jonathan didn't move a muscle, so he was still my human shield. While this was happening, I barely notice the blond boy who walked closer to us, just he could understand what was happening.

"Think about it like this: now you're in costume." I said giving him a big smile.

"That's it. You're dead." He said, starting to run towards Jonathan and I, making me run away from him, towards my class. I knew Steve and I had different classes this morning so for now, I was safe.

I ran inside my History class, and for my luck, my teacher wasn't there yet, or else I would've gotten yelled at for running inside. Bullshit if you asked me.

As I sat in my chair, I felt someone sitting next to me. When I looked up, I was met with the same pair of blue eyes that I had to look at yesterday afternoon.

"Hi?" I said a bit unsure of why he was with such an amused look on his face.

"I saw what you did to Harrington. Bold move." He said almost impressed.

"The guy had the audacity to scare me as soon as I got here. He had it coming." I said, talking my notebook out of my bag.

"It was an amusing sight to see. You running away from Harrington, then using the Byers kid as a shield against Steve, and then running away again, while the poor guy was covered in mud." He said smiling.

"Wait, you really saw all of that?!" I asked surprised. Sure, I realized he was nearby, but I didn't realize he was paying attention to the whole thing.

"Oh, I sure did." He said amused. "What are you going to wear tonight?" He asked me.

"Why do you care?" I asked him, giving him a weird look.

"So, we can be matching, princess." He said winking at me.

"You just gave me a reason not to tell you." I said giving him a sarcastic smile.

"Why are you always so mean to me, princess?" He asked me, placing a hand on his heart, pretending he was hurt.

"I don't know. Why are you always so annoying, Cali?" I asked him.

"You wound me." He said, fake pouting.

"Boo-hoo. I feel so bad." I said before looking at the teacher who was finally walking inside the classroom.

"You should." He taunted, before looking back to the teacher, making me roll my eyes.