Stood up

"No way he stood you up!" Steve said surprised. We were talking in the Scoop's Ahoy little room behind the counter where Robin was.

Last night, Billy never showed up for our date... the worst of all is that I called his house, and Max told me that he had already left.

"He did, though..." I sighed. "But I don't have a good feeling about this..."

"What do you mean?" Steve asked.

"Have you ever seen Billy stand me up in our seven months of dating?" I asked him.

"Never! Not even before you dated." He recalled.

"Precisely... so, what if something happened?" I asked nervously.

"Something like what?" He asked.

"I don't know Steve... maybe he got into a car accident, maybe he got lost, maybe-"

"Hey, Mavis! You're spiraling. I'm sure he's fine, okay? Nothing bad happened to him..." Steve tried to reassure me.

"You don't know that Steve... you just- you just don't know." I sighed.

The thought of something bad happening to Billy made my heart sink. What if I was actually right and he was not okay? What if he needed me and I wasn't there for him?

As Steve was about to talk, we heard a familiar voice from outside.

"I'm Dustin." He introduced.

"I'm Robin."

"Pleasure to meet you. Uh, is-is he here?" He asked.

"Go get him." I told Steve as he sprinted up from his chair.

"Is who here?" Robin asked.

"Henderson!" Steve called as he opened the door.

As Steve walked closer to Dustin, I leaned against the door.

"Henderson! He's back! He's back!" Steve exclaimed happily.

"I'm back!" Dustin laughed. "You got the job!"

"I got the job!" Steve said happily before doing their weird handshake. Seeing them so happy just by merely seeing each other brought me pure joy. Dustin loved Steve and Steve loved Dustin, and I loved that they loved each other.

"How many children are you two friends with?" Robin asked us. Steve's smile immediately changed into a frown while I just chuckled.

"He's my brother." I said pointing at Dustin.

"Ah, well that explains it." Robin said, making Steve roll his eyes.

"I have so much to tell you, dude!" Dustin told Steve happily.

"And I have so much to tell you, dude!"

"Do you? Do you, really?" I asked Steve.

"You see how they gang up on me? I need you here, man!" Steve said patting Dustin on the shoulder.

"Well, now you got me!" Dustin said smiling. "So, can I eat some ice cream while I tell you some news?"

"Sure, man! It's on the house." Steve said proudly.

"Just to make sure, it's from your salary, not mine." Robin stated.

"Why must you always ruin everything?" Steve asked annoyed.

"Well, it's my time to go, then." I told them.

"I have stuff to tell you too! Like super important stuff!" Dustin pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Dusty but there's something I got to take care of first." I said as I flashed him a small smile. "I'll see you guys later."

As I was about to turn around, Steve grabbed my arm.