The final plan Pt 1

After recharging our batteries, we got in the trailer and went to the Creel's house. The energy was heavy. Everyone was thinking the same thing: this could all go terribly wrong. We didn't know if it was the last time we'd ever see everyone together again, and that thought alone was enough to keep everyone nervous.

I still wasn't a fan of Max putting herself on the line, and I still had the gut feeling that we were underestimating Henry. I decided that was what I was going to call him from there on, after all, that was his real name.

So, this was our plan: Dustin and Eddie were going to the Upside down to distract the bats. Also in the Upside down were Steve, Nancy, Robin, and I, who were going to light up Henry with our gasoline bottles and our lighters. In our dimension, would be Billy, Max, Lucas, and Erica. Max was going to attract Henry, and obviously Lucas wanted to be there with her, just like Billy, who I was not going to let come to the Upside down again. He had been down there enough time. Lastly, Erica was going to be right outside the Creel's house, making Lucas and Billy light signals, as well as telling Steve, Robin, Nancy, and I what to do.

Yes, this was the best we could some up with. Could it go terribly wrong? Yes, it could. But it could also go perfectly right, so let's just hope.

As we stopped in front of the Creel's, we all tensed up.

"Everyone remembers the plan?" Steve asked.

"Yes." Billy, Max, Lucas, and Erica said.

"Okay. Good." Steve sighed.

"Will you be okay?" I asked Billy.

"Will I be okay? You're the one going down there again. I should be the one asking you." Billy said as he grabbed my hand.

"I have to be." I said letting out a humorless chuckle.

"Just-try not to die. Okay?" Billy asked me. "I just got back, and I really don't want to be in this shithole of a town without you."

"I'll try my best..." I said as our foreheads touch. "Promise me you'll try your best to stay safe..."

"I promise I'll do my best to keep the kids and myself safe." He said quietly. "Promise me you'll try your best not to die. I really can't do this shit without you."

"I promise." I whispered. This wasn't something I could promise, and Billy knew that. I had no idea what was going to happen in the Upside down, and neither did he. "I love you."

"And I love you." He said before kissing my lips.

He sent me a sad look before leaving the trailer. I knew it was hard for him to leave me so soon, just like it was for me, but it was the best option.

"Max..." I said once she looked at me. "You don't have to do this."

"I know... but I want to." She said giving me a reassuring nod.

"Alright, that's your call." I told her. "Just know that for the record, I love having you as sister."

Max didn't respond. Instead, she hugged me.

"You're the best older sister I could've asked for." She whispered. I almost cried right then and there but stayed strong.

After we pulled away, Lucas was looking at me, clearly wanting to be next.

"You're also an amazing little brother." I said smiling at him. "Again, try and stay safe. Can you do that?" I asked him.

"I can try." He joked.