Eleven

Now we were all at the Beyer's, letting in all the information that was given to us. Will was still connected to upside down; he was connected to the demo-dogs. Wherever he was, the demo-dogs knew. Bob's death... I mean, I didn't see Bob much, but Joyce always told me great things about him, and Hopper and Jonathan seem really heartbroken, so I'm going to take that he was a nice man.

While Hopper was on the phone, Jonathan was keeping Will company while Nancy was there supporting him, the kids were laying around, Joyce was mourning, and Steve and I were walking around.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked Hopper as he hung up the phone.

"We'll see..." Hopper said lowly as his eyes met mine.

"'We'll see'?! We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" Mike complained.

"We stay here, and we wait for help." Hopper said sternly before turning his back away.

I walked over to Mike and placed my hand on his shoulder, giving him comfort. He shot me a small smile, and I gave him one right back. As I said before, these kids are my family. All I want is to see them happy... which is a little difficult considering how the world is at the moment.

Steve and I were sitting on the ground, when I notice him glancing over Nancy and Jonathan. Shit, I totally forgot about that.

"Hey." I said quietly.

"Hey." He said in the same tone.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah... I'm fine." He said nodding his head a little too quickly.

"Really? Because, Steve, it's okay if you're not. More than understandable actually." I reassured him.

"She seems happy with him... you know?" He said sadly.

"I know... but think about it like this: you might still find the one. You know? You still have plenty of time." I said giving him a small smile.

"If we don't die tonight-"

He was cut of by me hitting him in the head playfully.

"You're going to have plenty of time."

His smile grew and he threw his arm over my shoulder.

"Thanks, Mavis..."

"Anytime, Steve..."

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike asked sadly.

"Really?" Lucas asked.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then, he had a fund raiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?" Mike said, wanting everyone to know how great Bob was.

"Yeah." Dustin and Lucas mumbled.

"We can't let him die in vain." Mike told us.

"I agree, kid." I said giving him a supportive nod.

"What do you wanna do, Mike?" My brother asked. "The chief's right on this. We can't stop those demo-dogs on our own."

"We have Mavis." He said hopeful.

"Mavis can't take the demo-dogs alone, Mike! It's too risky, even for someone like her."

"Demo-dogs?" Max asked.

"Demogorgon plus dogs. Demo-dogs." Dustin explained. As Dustin continued to explain I pretended not to listen, since I've been secretly calling them that in my head too.