The Polaroid

After the Sauna test, and proving everyone that I wasn't insane, we all went to the Wheeler's, so we could think about what to do next without being interrupted, and their basement was the best for that.

While I went to have a small emotional breakdown in the bathroom, El went to see what Hopper was up to. A few minutes later, someone knocked on the door.

"Mavis? You okay in there?" Max asked me.

"Yes, I'm fine. Come in!" I said as I quickly wiped a tear.

Max and El made their way in. Max was holding a small towel, which I assumed was to clen El's bloody nose.

"Did you find him?" I sniffled.

"I did. He's in the woods with Joyce." El told me.

"In the woods?! W-What are they doing in the woods?" I asked worried that El saw something she shouldn't have.

"Walking." She simply said.

"Apparently they're in Illinois." Max said as she started to clean El's nose.

"Illinois?! As in the state Illinois?!" I asked wide-eyed and El chuckled.

"What're you laughing about over there?" I asked her.

"Mike asked the same thing." She said containing a smile.

"Oh... glad I taught him well." I said proudly.

A few seconds later, the heavy energy came back. I looked at El and glanced at her hurt neck.

"Does it hurt?" I asked as I caressed her head softly.

"Only when I talk." She told me.

"Well, it's a good thing you're not Mike, then. Blah, blah, blah, blah. You'd be in constant pain." Max joked, making us laugh. "Mavis, you might have taught him a lot, but knowing when to shut it is not one of them."

"A girl can only do so much." I sighed dramatically, making them laugh again.

As our laughter died down, we heard Mike from outside.

"What are they still doing in there?" He asked quietly, making us chuckle since we were just talking about him not shutting up.

"I don't know... Girls just like, hanging out in bathrooms." Lucas told him.

"Why?" Mike asked.

"I mean... I don't know." Lucas said, and I could hear him shrug.

"They're conspiring against me." He said accusingly.

"Oh my God... this kid needs to keep his ego in check. Almost sounds like Dustin." I whispered as I rolled my eyes.

"That's what you're concerned about?!" Will whisper-yelled at him.

"It's not my main concern!" He defended. "It's just a sub-concern."

"I thought it was already over!" Will told him.

"It's not over, okay? We're just taking a break." Mike said.

"She said she dumped your ass." Will pointed out. "That doesn't sound like a break."

"It wasn't!" Max said loudly. "You guys do realize we can hear everything you say in here, right?" Max asked making us laugh.

"And I still don't agree with it." I said containing a smile, knowing exactly how Max would react.

"What?! You don't agree with their breakup?!" Max asked me wide eyed.

"No, I don't. No one loves Eleven more than Mike. Did he mess up? Yeah, but he's a guy. Every guy messes up, I'll tell you that." I told them.