*BONUS CHAPTER* (Bonding)

It had been a week since the Snowball, which also meant that Billy and I had been dating for a week.

"Steve come on!" I begged as I shook him.

Steve and I were both hanging out in my bedroom, but since Christmas was 2 weeks away, I wanted to go shopping for Billy's Christmas present.

"No." He said shaking his head.

"Please!" I pleaded.

"Mavis, no. Have you forgotten what the guy did to me?!" Steve asked me as he recalled their fight.

"He's trying to change, Steve. And as I told you before, he had a lot on his plate that night and he just- freaked." I told him.

"That's not an excuse." Steve said.

"I know that, but please, Steve... just try." I begged.

"You're not gonna leave me alone, are you?" Steve asked me.

"No." I said as I shook my head, smiling.

"Fine." He groaned. "I'll help you buy your stupid boyfriend his stupid present." Steve said as he got up from my bed.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed as I jumped on his back.

"You owe me." He said as he wrapped his arms around my legs, so I didn't fall.

"Whatever." I said smiling at him.

"So, what were you thinking?" Steve asked as we walked by the stores.

"I was thinking of something personal but that a guy would like... so I'm inclining towards a vinyl, but I don't know if he would like it." I told him. "Maybe he wants something more manly like, uh, a perfume, or basketball ball, or a new shirt, or-or even-"

"Okay, Mavis, I'm going to stop you right there." Steve said cutting me off. "Even though I don't know what Hargrove likes, I do think that he would like the vinyl. Everyone likes vinyl."

"Okay... thanks, Steve." I told him as I squeezed his shoulder.

"No problem. Was that all?" He asked me.

"Basically." I said shrugging.

"Okay." He sighed. "Well, while you go to the music store, I'm going to buy your Christmas present. And Dustin's." Steve told me.

"Great." I chuckled. "See you in 10?" I asked him.

"20." He said before leaving.

I walked into the music store and looked at all the vinyl records. I already knew what I was going to buy. Back in Black by AC/DC. That was Billy's favourite AC/DC album, and since it was a band that we used to listen together, I thought it was only fitting.

After the 20 minutes passed, I waited for Steve outside the music store.

"Hey!" I said as I saw him.

"Hey. Ready to go?" Steve asked me.

"Yes. Also, can we go to the arcade?" I asked him.

"Why do you wanna go to the arcade?" Steve asked.

"Because the kids are there." I told him.

"Alright, let's go."

After we got to the arcade, I immediately spotted the kids.

"Hey, guys!" I exclaimed from behind them.

"Hey." Steve said with a nod.

"Hey!" They said happily.