Flayed

"He said he was building something." I told them. After I had calmed down, they asked me to explain what happened. "That it was all for me and Eleven." I said glancing at her.

"Building something...?" Max repeated. "Is he talking about the Flayed?"

"He must be." Nancy said.

"So, he's building an army... Just like we thought." Lucas stated.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike said.

"He's building it to stop Mavis and Eleven." Will said.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike told us.

"Like, royally." Lucas said.

"And the Mind Flayer knows that now she and Mavis are the only ones that can stop him." Mike stated. "But if they're out of the way-"

"Game over." Lucas added.

"He also said that after we were both gone, he was going to kill all of you." I told them as I looked down.

"Yeah, well, that's nice." Max said sarcastically. If I wasn't about to have a mental breakdown, I would've congratulated her.

Then, we started to hear sounds outside. Nancy took a couple steps forward, standing in front of the window.

"Do you guys hear that?" She asked.

"Yes." I said as I leaned forward from the couch.

"It's just the fireworks." Jonathan said after a few seconds.

Huh... Fireworks.

"It's almost over." Billy said as he hugged me from behind.

It was new year's eve and we were with Steve, the kids, Nancy and Jonathan, and Joyce and Hopper near the cabin. Eleven never celebrated new year's, so we wanted to make a party for her.

"What is?" I asked as I leaned back, my head resting on his chest as we watched the kids run around happily.

The snowball had been three weeks ago, so El and Mike were dating, just like Lucas and Max. The four of them plus Will were laughing together, Dustin and Steve were on the opposite side of Billy and I. When Steve saw me looking at him, he smiled at me, which made me smile back. Jonathan and Nancy were admiring the view, and Hopper and Joyce were talking near the door.

It felt like home.

"The best year of my life." Billy whispered in my ear.

"The best year of your life, huh? Didn't know you loved Hawkins so much." I said teasingly.

"Hawkins it's not that bad, you know? But what really made it for me was this girl that lives here. Short, dark hair, sweet brown eyes, cute smile, and has superpowers. Don't know if you know her." He teased.

"I think I might've seen her around." I said smiling.

"Well, watch out, then. I noticed she's a tad feisty." He said cheekily.

"Good to know." I chuckled.

Suddenly, the fireworks started, and I got startled. I held Billy's arms tightly.

"You don't like fireworks?" Billy as I tried to cover my ears.

I shook my head as I tried to use him as a shield against my fears.