SEASON 4 - (Life after tragedy)

5 months. It had been 5 months since the Byers and El left Hawkins.

I call them at least once every week. I can't go longer without speaking to any of them.

Dustin, Mike, Lucas, and Max were now in Hawkins high, which was not weird at all... I guessed this was it. The year I stopped seeing them as kids, because let's face it, they weren't kids anymore. They were high school kids, just like Robin, Nancy, and me.

Steve graduated last year, so this would be the first time I would be in high school without him. It sucked, for obvious reasons. I miss having my best friend with me, but on the plus side, I hung out with him every day, so it could be worse.

Dustin, Mike, and Lucas joined Eddie Munson's D&D club. I obviously yelled at them for remembering that last year, no one was in the mood to play it with Will, and now that Will was gone, they were in a private D&D club? No, that just didn't sit right with me. I made them call Will apologizing, which they did after some complaining.

Lucas joined the basketball team, meaning some of his friends were now in my group, since the majority was friends with Billy and Steve. He has been in the bench the whole season but insists that it will change, and honestly, if he thought he could make, then I supported him.

Max... Max was complicated. For three months after that night, she tried to pretend everything was fine, that nothing had changed, but after the Byers and El left... she changed. She broke up with Lucas, she totally shut down the party, and every time I tried to hang out with her, she'd blow me off. I understand grief better than anyone, believe me, but while I acted like that in the beginning, she just got there now. I get that, but I also tried my best to show her that no matter what, I was there for her. It was even harder because after a few months Neil left, thank god, but Suzan started drinking... heavily. They were now in a trailer park, and even though Max didn't say much, I knew she was the one acting like an adult. I remembered when Hopper had his episodes and I had to take care of him, it wasn't easy.

You might be wondering though, how am I still in high school? I'll explain: at the end of the summer, I decided that I wanted to train to be Hawkins' chief... like Hopper. But, my grades, even though they were good, they weren't good enough to go to the academy, so I decided that I would repeat my senior year to improve my grades.

I think you're all caught up now.

"I just don't get it." Steve said annoyed.

"What don't you get?" I asked, as I was sitting on the counter.

"Dustin's fascination with the freak!" He exclaimed.

"First of all, his name is Eddie, and you know that. Second of all, he's not that bad, Steve!" I told him.

"Not you too!" He said dramatically. "What is it with Eddie the freak Munson and taking the Henderson's from me!"

"Robin, help me, he's being a drama queen again!" I groaned.

"I would help you, but I really don't want to get in the middle of your thing, so I'll pass." Robin said as placed some movie tapes next to me.

"I'm not being dramatic, I'm being realistic!" Steve complained.

"Steve, am I with Eddie and his Hellfire club, or am I with you on your work?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"You're with me, but-"

"Then, end of discussion!" I cut him off. "Sure, I might eventually be very good friends with Eddie, but we both know you'll always be my number one." I said as I sent him a sweet smile.