The truth

After a while, it was time to head back, and we went back to his car. The car ride was calm, almost as if nothing happened in the first place.

When he arrived the Hawkins High parking lot, none of us moved a muscle. I looked at him, only to notice that he was already looking at me.

"Look... I don't know what happened, but I want you to know that what I said out there is true. I am here for you, Billy. It might not make sense to you, but I care... unfortunately." I added, letting out a dry laugh. "Next time this happens, you come to me. Okay?" I asked him. He looked at me like he was having an internal battle with himself, but he ended up nodding his head. "Promise me."

He scoffed and I gave him a stern look.

"I promise." He said rolling his eyes.

"Good. I'll see you tomorrow." I said before giving him a peck on the cheek. As I was opening the door, he grabbed my other arm, making me look back at him.

"Thanks." He mumbled, avoiding my eyes. Looks like someone's not used to apologizing. I gave him a soft smile before walking out of his car.

I noticed that he only drove away once he saw me starting my car, which made me smile.

I reached Hopper's and did our special knock. A few seconds went by, and nothing happened. This could only mean one thing: El wasn't home. With a tilt of my head, I opened the door, making my way inside.

"El? Are you here?" I called as I kept walking through the empty house. I already knew that I wasn't to get any answer, but I didn't want to believe it. "Eleven? Come on, this isn't funny." I said as I started to panic. Reality was starting to hit me, and I didn't want to face it. "ELEVEN?!" I yelled as I ran through every room of the cabin, just to make sure this wasn't a sick joke.

I stood in the middle of the living room, tears rolling down my cheeks as I looked around, with the worst thoughts coming through my head. I let out a scream, releasing energy, making the only shelf standing, fall down and few windows to break.

After crying a bit more, I made my way to the phone, to call Hopper.

"Hawkins Police Station, how may I help you?" Florence said through the phone.

"Hi, Florence. It's me, Mavis. Can you pass this to Hopper please?" I asked her, trying my best to keep a steady voice.

"Hi Mavis, dear. Of course, he's right here." She said, passing the call to Hopper.

"Hey, kid! Everything alright?" He asked me.

"Hopper... she-she's gone..." I cried over the phone. I heard him taking a deep breath before talking.

"We had a fight last night... ." He explained.

"Okay, that's okay... but that doesn't explain why she is MISSING!" I yelled at him.

"I KNOW, DAMMIT!" He yelled back. "Just... just wait there." He said before hanging up.

Where the hell are you Eleven?

"Do you know where she is? Did you find her? Is she okay?" I bombarded Hopper with questions as soon as he got home.

"She was spotted by a lady on the park." He huffed in annoyance.

"So, she-she's okay?" I asked him, on the verge of tears.

"Yes, she's okay. For now, at least." That's all it took for me to engulf him on a hug. He didn't hesitate to hug me back.

A few minutes later Hopper and I went outside because he told me that he was sure she was going to be home at any minute.