Not my Billy

Max, El and I arrived at the pools. Everyone was leaving since it was raining, which made our mission slightly easier.

"Hey." I said walking to the counter. The manager Jack and a lifeguard called Linda were looking through some magazines, not even giving us the time of day.

"No one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike. And don't try and argue with me. Wanna get electrocuted? Go climb a tree." The manager said not even looking up at me.

"Yeah, that's not why we're here." I said sternly, so he looked at me.

That's when he finally looked up at me.

"Oh, Mavis, it's you!" He said smiling. "Billy's not here."

I looked down, slightly bummed.

"We found this." El said as she showed him the sos kit.

"Does it belong to anybody?" Max asked.

"Oh yeah." He nodded. "That's Heather's. I'll get it back to her."

I remember Heather. She was always nice to me, even though she clearly had a thing for Billy.

"We could give it back to her." El offered.

"You could... Except, she's not here either. Bailed on me today." He said annoyed. "What is this?" He asked me. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing. We're just..."

"Being good Samaritans." Max finished for me.

El looked at me, signaling me to follow her. We walked towards a board with pictures of the lifeguards.

"You wanna find her?" Max asked looking at Heather's picture.

El nodded and grabbed the picture before walking towards de showers. I was going to leave but stopped as soon as I saw Billy's picture. 

Oh, my love... if only I knew what was happening...

We were now in the showers with the water running so El could track Heather. I volunteered, but El insisted on being her, so I allowed.

"What do you see?" I asked her.

"A red door." She told me.

A few minutes later, El took off the blindfold, breathless.

"Are you okay?" I asked worried.

"What happened?" Max asked.

After calming down, El told us how she saw the numbers of a postmail, a red door, and how Heather asked her for help before drowning in an iced bath.

"This is not looking too good for you, Mavis..." Max told me as I drove to Heather's house.

"Really, Max? You still think your brother is cheating on me?" I huffed.

"I mean, it is what it looks like, isn't it? Our bets are that he's with her right now. I mean think about it, they both skipped work, and he's been acting weird. Coincidence? I don't think so." Max stated.

She was right, it was not a coincidence. At least not in the way she thought it was...

"Is this it?" I asked as I parked in front of Heather's.

"Yes." El told me.

We quickly got out of the car and ran towards the porch to run from the rain.

I knocked on the door, but no one responded, so I opened the door with my powers. We walked inside and saw Heather's family photos, confirming that it truly was Heather's house. We stopped when we heard laughter coming through another division.