Chapter Forty-One ✧ Farewell Party

AN: Jessica's outfit for the party is up top.

Also: everyone else's dresses are here.

Jessica Rogers had never been to a party where her ears felt as though they were going to burst

Despite this alongside the passing years and progressiveness of the entertainment industry, Jessica found herself completely enamored by it. Especially the music.

Of course she thought that lyrics of what Tony would call "the olden' days" had more meaning than they did now, but she found certain genres and artists particularly more enjoyable. Chess made certain playlists based off this.

Indistinct chatter cut through the music sharply as Jessica and Steve walked beside one another going through the crowd, the couple saying hello to as they passed by. Their hands were laced together at their sides when Steve suddenly brought Jessica's hand up, the woman laughing when he twirled her around.

Her right hand immediately found the back of Steve's neck as he wrapped his arms around her waist, smiling.

"Well, hi," She wrinkled her nose, the pair swaying back and forth in the middle of the hallway with people surrounding them, "We are a little in the way."

Steve shrugged, saying, "I think we are okay, Brooklyn baby. No one here minds."

Jessica simply rested her head on Steve's chest, the couple swaying together quietly with he fast paced song. The woman's eyes widened as a song slowly began, resting her chin on Steve as she spoke.

"Chess put this on for me. She says it's my song."

Steve chuckled, thumbs running circles on Jessica's hip through her floor-length green dress, "It's titled Brooklyn Baby, Jessica. I suppose it has to be your song."

Jessica playfully rolled her eyes, tugging on Steve's hair as she wrinkled her nose and sarcastically said, "Haha. You're funny."

"I think that's the first time you've ever said that."