Chapter Nineteen ✧ Torn Apart Heart

AN: Jessica's outfit is literally just a plain white t-shirt that was Steve's.

The song reminds me of the chapter, even though it wasn't out during that time... obviously. Jessica is listening to A Long, Long Time in the chapter.

~Trigger Warning~

This chapter deals with a traumatic sense of loss along with blood. I will be doing an explanation of this at the end, so if you don't want to read this chapter, but want to know, please skip ahead to the end of this chapter.

FUTURE ME: THE AUTHORS NOTE IS LONG, GOOD LUCK.

Lydia and Stiles Stilinski stood with their ears pressed against their guest room door, listening to the soft music flooding out of the room as they grunted to move another to get a better way of hearing

Jessica had locked herself in the room for five days, only opening the door for Lydia to hand her a tray of food at dinner, which was promptly left in the hallway an hour later.

The woman had visibly paled, black and blue dancing under her eyes from the lack of sleep and proper nutrition. Her eyes were swollen with a red ring around them, burning from the constant stream of tears flowing.

Her cheeks and nose had a constant red hue, the skin raw from rubbing it as she was crying.

Which she always was.

The door suddenly swung upon and the married couple pulled back, eyes wide at the sight of Jessica in one of Steve's white t-shirts that went to her knee.

"You both are extremely loud," She sniffed, her voice deep from the phlegm constantly running down her throat.

Lydia only softened at the sound of her sister's voice, it not even sounding like Jessica at all.

"I was thinking about making some lemonade with the kids," Stiles announced, causing Jessica to slowly look up at him, "We wanted to know if you wanted to join us?"

Jessica cleared her throat and simply shook her head, whispering, "If you don't mind, I think I'm going to stay in my room. Tell them I said hello, however."

"Of course, greenie," He gave her a tight-lipped smile, awkwardly stepping backwards before walking away down the stairs.

The woman went to shut her door when Lydia put her hand on it, making Jess look to her younger twin, "Yes?"

"Could I maybe come in, Jess?" Lydia spoke softly, smiling a bit to encourage her sister. Jessica was quiet before she said, "Um, yeah."

Jessica only turned on her heel and let Lydia walk into the guest room, the woman shutting it behind her. The twins stood in a semi-uncomfortable silence for a moment as the music changed to another Harry James song, causing Jessica to close her eyes and remember the first time she had heard the same song with Steve.