Chapter Twelve ✧ Right Partner

AN: Jessica's outfit for when they are at the pub in London is up top.

You'll know when the song is needed, there's a surprise this chapter.

Jessica stood by Steve's side as the man pointed to a map that was laid out on the table, her hip touching his due to their closeness

"The fifth one was here in Poland, right near the Baltic," Steve told, eyes focused as he marked the Hydra camps he had seen on the map in Austria, "And the sixth one was about here, thirty, forty miles west of the Maginot Line."

Steve straightened and wrapped his arm around Jessica's waist, holding her to his side while the man beside her grabbed the map and carried it off.

Jessica smiled at the younger man, "Thank you."

He only nodded and Jessica went back to Steve, who looked at Peggy from across the table, and said, "I just got a quick look."

"At least you got that, hero. I didn't even see it," Jessica shrugged. Peggy chuckled at that, raising a brow playfully, "Well, nobody's perfect."

Peggy smiled at them before walking off, Steve looking down at Jessica, who was now hanging off his arm.

He noticed her expression and said, "Jess? What's wrong?"

"I'm just glad we got back safely," Jessica met his blue eyes, lips tugged upwards, "I don't know what I would have done if I lost you, hero. I love you too much, I think I would've died with you."

Steve gave her a grim smile and picked her up slightly, the woman wrapping her arms around his neck while he whispered against the shell of her ear, "You don't have to worry about that. I'm not going anywhere."

"You better not," Jessica pulled back to cup his jaw, nose brushing against his, "It may be selfish, but I need you."

"Selfish would be the last thing I would ever call you, Brooklyn baby," Steve kissed the edge of her mouth, "I need you, too."

Jessica smiled as she ran her fingers through the hair on the nape of his neck, saying, "Good, because you're stuck with me."

Steve chuckled and set her down, her black heels clicking against the floor, "I don't think I mind that."

"Well, Mr. Rogers, I should hope not," Jessica smirked, her chest on his before she pulled his face down to hers, "You did ask me to be yours if I am correct."

"I did."

Jessica stood on her toes and pressed her lips against Steve's warm ones, eyes fluttering at the feeling of him. Steve smiled into her lips, pulling back only to kiss her nose and cheek before following to the crease of her brow and forehead.