Chapter Thirteen ✧ Wedding

AN: Jessica's outfit will be shown better later in the chapter.

The song is just the overall them.

Also... the end of the chapter gets a little, well, PG-13. It doesn't go into too much detail and the only reason it's as long as it is is because something funny that is going to happen. If that makes you uncomfortable, please skip the end.

Jessica kissed Steve once more as she felt completely and utterly happy, every worry she ever had melting away at the sight of his smile toward her

"I will be right back."

Jessica practically ran through the crowd of men to Peggy, all congratulating her as she did so. When she found Peggy back at the bar with Lorraine, she smiled, never feeling happier.

"Peggy!"

She turned to her, brown eyes wide with excitement, "I saw! Congratulations."

"We're getting married tonight. Can you come with us?" Jessica panted with enthusiasm. She met the eyes of Lorraine and her smile dropped a bit, saying, "Oh wait. Never mind. You stay here."

Peggy furrowed her brows, standing and putting her hands on Jessica's shoulders, "Of course I'm coming. You'll need a woman's help."

Jessica only gave her a look before she sighed and said, "I don't want to impose."

Peggy understood and sighed, turning to Lorraine, whose face held a small smile, "Could we possibly still talk tomorrow at work?"

"Wait," Jessica interrupted, looking to Lorraine as Peggy moved to the side so she could see her properly, "Come with us. We would be happy for you to join."

Lorraine softened, "Are you sure? I don't want to be the one to impose."

"No, I insist," Jessica met Peggy's eyes briefly, "I would love for you to be there."

"Oh, well, thank you," Lorraine blushed, sweeping a stray hair behind her ear as she looked to Peggy.

The said woman smiled at Jessica, whispering so Lorraine couldn't hear them, "Thank you."

Jessica only winked at her before she said, "Now, I don't know how we are going to find a minister?"

Peggy thought for a moment before her eyes brightened in thought, leaning on the bar as she said, "Wait. I believe I saw Edwin somewhere."

"Edwin?" Jessica questioned, brow raised toward her hairline, "The Catholic minister who stays with the hurt men?"

"Yes," Peggy nodded in thought. Lorraine smiled, saying, "I'm sure we will be able to find him here somewhere. I will go tell Steve to look for him while you two figure everything else out."