Chapter Twenty-Four ✧ Intuition

AN: So, Jessica doesn't really have an outfit because she's not too involved, but I hope you enjoy.

I'm so ready for this, it's the first time we really get to see Jess again.

The next morning, Jessica Lynne was staring a the cement ceiling of the cell she was trapped in, hands bound by leather creating red marks along her skin

The cold ceramic on her bare back pierced through her skin, causing her to shake violently with tremors. Her body was drenched in cold sweat, only being covered with a simple pair of black trousers and sports bra.

Her hair was plastered against her forehead as her eyes were wide in what she would only be able to describe as a dark numbness.

The woman had been captured for twenty-five thousand, four hundred and fourteen days, though she didn't know it.

In fact, Jessica didn't know -or remember, that is- most of anything anymore.

Jessica was shaken from her numbing thoughts as a male voice entered the room, the woman immediately closing her eyes as tears began involuntarily streaming down her temples.

"Oh, Jessie, are you ready to play?" Brock Rumlow smirked as he hovered over her, taking her chin between two fingers.

Jessica's eyes burst open as she growled, "Fucking touch me and I'll find a way to kill you in your sleep."

Rumlow smirked, "Oh, soldier, you know what happens when you retaliate. Your little friend gets hurt."

"Don't touch him," Jessica cried a dry sob, "Please don't touch, Bucky."

"It's so sweet that you after all this time you still love your best friend. He barely remembers you, Jessie. At least both of you don't remember the other guy. He's a tool, but I think you liked it," Rumlow chuckled, running a finger down Jessica's shaking lips.

She shook her head, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Think really hard, Jessie," Rumlow pressed his fingers against Jessica's temples, causing her to yelp, "It's in that pretty little brain of yours."

"I don't know!" Jessica repeated as he yelled, saying, "I know you do, Jessie! Think hard."

Between every syllable he pressed his hands to her head harder, screaming at her once more before raising her head up and bashing it against the ceramic table. Jessica let out a cry, pain spreading throughout the base of her skull as blood pooled in her hair.

Rumlow grabbed her head again and Jessica's jaw clenched as her eyes glowed a bright blue. The man made a disappointed sound as he waved a finger causing her to let out a growl before closing her eyes.