Chapter Two ✧ My Hero

AN: Jessica's outfit is the same as the last chapter.

Jessica sighed as she walked along side with Steve and Bucky, already wanting to get the night over with and go home

She hated the idea of the boys going on a double date. But what she hated more is that Bucky got someone for her to be with too even though he knew she liked Steve.

"I don't see what the problem is. You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know there are three and a half million women here?" Bucky pointed out, elbowing Steve in the arm, to which he groaned at, "Especially red-heads. Which I know are your type."

Steve's eyes went wide as he smacked Bucky's arm, saying, "Dude."

"What?" Bucky innocently shrugged. Steve rolled his eyes and looked forward as he said, "I'd settle for just one."

The pair turned to Jessica, who had heard everything but was seemingly in her own head, and Steve sighed in relief. Her expression turned into a scowl as she saw the tall blonde man next to the two girls Bucky and Steve were going to be with and her friend simply shrugged, winking at her.

Bucky then said, "Good thing I've taken care of that."

"What'd you tell her about me?" Steve grumbled, fixing his hair. Bucky chuckled and waved at the girls and man, "Only the good stuff."

"And what about him?" Jessica huffed, watching as the man from a distance smirked as he looked her up and down, "I can already tell I don't like him."

Steve nodded, "I second that."

"Well, he's Connie's brother. So be nice."

"I still second that," Steve shook his head, annoyed at the man already. Jessica turned and smiled over at him, winking before she looked back in front of her.

She already knew it was going to be a long night.

Jessica's only wish was to go home.

The man, Brian, was a terrible flirt with wandering hands that always ended up going lower than Jessica would have liked. Steve quickly caught onto it and stayed by his best friend's side, ignoring Brian as he pushed through him to get to Jessica.

The red-headed green witch was grateful and for most of the night, they ended up together. With a silent anger, Brian had made friends with Bonnie, the blonde woman Connie had intended for Steve to be with.

Jessica and Steve watched as the women dragged Brian and Bucky along through the Synthetic Man exhibit, rushing along to the Stark stage.

Connie gushed, pointing toward it as she leaned into Bucky, "Oh, my God, there he is!"