Chapter Forty-Five ✧ Misery, Missouri

AN: Jessica's outfit she changes into is up top.

As dawn broke over the horizon, Jessica's head was placed on her husband's chest, arms wrapped around one another

The two were only pulled from one another when Clint landed the Quinjet in an empty field, the Avengers making their way out into the damp grass. Jessica grazed her fingertips and smiled lightly, the morning dew bringing her a light sense of peace.

"What is this place?" Thor questioned and Tony, who was right beside him shrugged, saying, "Safe house."

"Let's hope."

Jessica and Steve trailed in the doors last, Clint and Cali being toward the front in what the redhead assumed to see Lennon and Layla.

"Honey? I'm home," Clint called, making everyone's brow furrow.

A pregnant brunette made her way into the room and Jessica's heart sank slightly, shaking her head as glimpses of the nightmare she had endured hours earlier infiltrated her thoughts. The woman looked to be in shock as she glanced between everyone, Clint making his way to her.

"Hi. Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead," Clint apologized, kissing and wrapping his arms around her in a gentle hug.

Tony shook his head from beside Thor and Rocky, saying, "This is an agent of some kind."

Clint turned to his friends, light smile on his lips, "Guys, this is Laura."

"I know all your names," Laura chuckled, Tony awkwardly waving as the women of the group gave her a genuine smile.

Footsteps were heard and Clint laughed, saying, "Oh, incoming."

Four children ran into the room, the elder of the kids running to Clint while Layla and Lennon bolted toward Cali.

"These are smaller agents."

"Mommy!"

Cali knelt to the ground and wrapped her arms around her children, Lennon burying his head in her neck.

"I missed you," He whispered, making Cali sigh, saying, "I missed you guys, too. How did you guys get here?"

"Miss Hill brought us here," Layla answered, green eyes bright as she looked to her mother, "She said Miss Laura would keep us safe and we would have friends to play with."

The said woman waddled her way over, stepping in front of Jess to speak to Cali, "I hope you don't mind. I gave them some French toast for breakfast. Granola bars simply didn't cut it apparently."

Cali stood and gave Laura a grateful smile, holding her kids close that were attached to her legs, "Thank you, Laura. I appreciate it so much."

"Safety first," Laura waved her off, turning to Lene, Chess, and Jessica, "We've never been formally introduced. Well, I haven't really been introduced to any of you. But, hi."